Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost.exe doesn't appear to run after DVD boots?? (Read 5505 times)
Pondlife
Ex Member

Ghost.exe doesn't appear to run after DVD boots??
Jan 29th, 2009 at 6:36pm

After following the marvellous tutorial on how to make a bootable image file I created my DVD (Using NERO 8) and sure enough the test pc I'm using (DELL Latitude D630) boots from the DVD, but Ghost just well...sits there...grey screen and egg timer?? I only made a test DVD (as suggested in the tutorial) but what have I done wrong?

I've tried a different Ghost.exe (on a bootable usb drive) and it does the same thing...just the grey screen...no buttons nothing??? Undecided

Thanks for any help you can give...

IP Logged

Pondlife
Ex Member

Re: Ghost.exe doesn't appear to run after DVD boots??
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 2:24pm

Tis ok have sorted it today.  Smiley

Turns out the Ghost.exe I had was not old enough to boot in a DOS enviroment. managed to get hold of another one (not sure of the version, sorry but it 1,008kb in size, whereas the one I was trying to use is 1,001kb...Go figure  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re: Ghost.exe doesn't appear to run after DVD boots??
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:03pm

Sounds like you were trying to use a Ghost.exe file for an OLD version of Ghost.....too old to see the newer type of motherboards.
Exactly what you describe is what I saw when I first tried to back up my new AM2 motherboard with an old version of Ghost 2003.  I had to update my ghost to build 793 before I got rid of the hourglass.
Since then, no problem.

Ghost 2003 works fine, till you try to backup Vista.
In some cases, I've heard, the backup proceeds normally, but the Restore doesn't work.  Ghost 11.5 solves that problem.

Cheers Mate!
Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print