Hi NightOwl.

IP Logged

Jerry aka Jer
Gnarly

Circuit_Rider

Sunny Florida

Re: NightOwl sighting
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 1:52pm

I was thinking myself, how nice to see "NightOwl" posting again. We all have our personal agendas, and personal lives to live ... but some have so much to contribute and we do miss hearing from them. "Welcome back" NightOwl!!
Jerry/jer

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 3:42pm

@
Rad

and

@
Jerry aka Jer

Hi Guys!  Thanks for the greetings!

Hopefully I'm going to have a better handle on my time going forward--may not be able to do *mega posts*   Wink (I see Rad has lowered the size limit), or long winded threads (I saw that Rad expressed concerns about at least one of my threads that started 3+ years ago!!!).  

But hopefully I can be more regular.  (Yuk--that sounds like a constipation commercial!)

Speaking of not being around...I see Nigel Bree is listed as an *Ex Member*--when did that happen?--anyone know what happened there?

We've had several Symantec employees on the forum in the past--mostly tech support folks from Europe and India--but it seems as though they didn't last very long--I had the opinion that the Corporate folks restricted their activities on this forum because of the potential for conflict of interest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

ckcc
Technoluster

South Carolina, USA

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 6:50pm

Good to see ya around, Nightowl. I have been seeing a few posts lately and thinking... Nightowl could really help here, Hmmm... where is Nightowl?

If anything can go wrong, it already did, and you just now noticed it.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:18am

Last but, I hope not least....

Welcome Back Nightowl!!

Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 12:19am

Nigel sent me a few emails. I tried to talk him out of terminating his acct, cuz his insight is so valuable, but he could not be dissuaded. He had problems with some of the posts which I'll detail in PM later, but I hope he will return when things blow over. I used to read his entries 2 and 3 times cuz they were so rich. And his expertise extended beyond Ghost & Programming. A major contributor he was. Big loss.

As you mighta noticed, YaBB is up to v2.3.1. Them boyz been busy with the upgrades, fast-n-furious .. every 3 months .. after a few years of lull. Seems like they're "under new management".

I managed to preserve your custom settings during the last upgrade (or 2).

Good to see you swooping down from time to time.

Just got done playing dad for a few days. A little tired.

Just had some kinda attack on the forum last couple of days .. about 10K in all. Tho no harm seems to have been done and the server stats show no major resource usage in fending it off. The atacks occurred in late afternoon, during short bursts of ~ an hour or two each, yesterday & day b4 .. traced sources to computers in NE Pennsylvania and another area just north of Detroit.

There were so many notification emals that it was easier for me to just delete the associated email acct (and thus all the emails associated with that acct) and create a new acct under same user name and password .. than download and delete all 10,000 emails.

I banned the IPs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print