Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Having trouble incorporating network connection with boot cd (Read 4814 times)
TheGeek
Ex Member

Having trouble incorporating network connection with boot cd
May 26th, 2009 at 12:52pm

Currently, I am using Ghost 11 for backup recovery on a Dell Optiplex 760.  I have created the nightowl bootable CD from this site that, so far, successfully enables the mouse and loads ghost.  From there I am able to do retrieves and sends of .gho files to an external USB hard drive only. 

I am wanting to send these image files to the network server and I am having trouble doing so.  I currently have the needed .dos and protocol files (for the e1000 driver) that are located within the Dell/drivers/.../Dos on my pcs's harddrive folder, however, I do not know how to incorporate these into the autoexec and other run files on my boot cd so that when my Ghost.exe runs, I am able to see my network servers.  Any help would be highly appreciated as I am a novice in this area.  Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Having trouble incorporating network connection with boot cd
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2009 at 12:21am

@
TheGeek

Ghost 11.xx is too big to fit in the boot sector of a *standard hidden boot sector* for a CD/DVD as described in my guide--how have you handled that issue?

Quote:
I am wanting to send these image files to the network server and I am having trouble doing so.

Networking is not really a strong suit for me--but, I can point you at a couple resources that might help.  You have to have you network drive *.ini* file in final form on a bootable optical disk because once you write your boot files, the network drive will not be able to write it to the disc.  Some have set up a RAM drive and re-directed to that so the network driver writes the file to the RAM drive.  I've never attempted that, so I don't know how doable that is.

Also, I don't have experience with how to handle log-in procedures to a network server--if that's required.

But here's a sample of how someone set up Ghost 8.xx to a bootable optical disc with network drivers:  How to Create a Ghost 8.0 Network Boot CD .

Not sure, but this might be helpful:  Ghost 8.3 Multi-Nic Multicast Boot Cd... here's how.....

And, you might be able to use a ready made networking boot disk:

Homepage--Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk

Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk--Download page

TeleData Consulting FREE Universal Network/CD Boot Disk

Let us know how things work out--a detailed report on how it's done would always be appreciated if you figure everything out!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print