Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Info about after restore (Read 3386 times)
Xaashaz
Ex Member

Info about after restore
May 30th, 2009 at 12:14pm

Hi to all..,
when i restore my Xp backup on drive then first time it asks for system restart..
and the title of msgbox is "System Settings Changed"..,
all i want to know is that how do i recognize after restoring image that ghost image has restored my Xp backup.
A single file which creates or remove after very first time after restoring bakup..

p.s. If you want mre info so kindly tell me. =]

I will Very Appreciate your help becuase i really need it.. =]
Regards,
Xaasha!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Info about after restore
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2009 at 8:35am

@
Xaashaz

If I understand correctly, you are wondering how to know that the restored image has taken place by having a visual notification the next time you boot.

Well, the Windows system will not say there's been a restore because if you have done thing correctly--the restore has simply taken you back to the point where you made that image and will see itself as unchanged.

If you have added some new hardware between the time you took the image and have restored, Windows will detect the change and attempt to initialize the new hardware the same as it did before.

If you want to know you are working with the restored system, you could just prior to creating and saving the image file--make a new sub-directory--say labeled with that day's date--or some other name you will recall--create the image--and then, after the image has been saved--now delete that sub-directory from your current setup.

Now, when you restore the image, that sub-directory will be there after the restore process and you will know you are working with the restored image files.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

aw13973
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

irvine ca

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2009 at 9:28am

when i restore an image i get message

~ windiws has finished installing ... restart now ?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2009 at 2:29pm

@
aw13973

Quote:
windiws has finished installing ... restart now ?

Interesting--I'd like to know more!

What version of Ghost are you using?

When did you make that image?

The only way I can think of that would give you that sort of response is if you made your image just after installing Windows--and before you have completed the final step in the installation process!  Restoring that image would possibly cause the response every time you restore it.  But, what's your story???

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Xaashaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:11am

Hi..,
Thanks For Your Relpies..
Actually i was out of town.. =]
Well i am working on a game zone's project. Everything has been done but to stop other people's to copy my project with out my authority..
Coz anyone can easily make a backup of my project  windows using Ghost. and i don't want it..  Cry
I've tried data encryption but failed i also tried to detect drive serial which usually changes after formating Partition but i was shocked when i saw after restoring it.. it wasn't changed..  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print