Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Burn bigger images with MagicISO----simply (Read 5863 times)
esco
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Botswana

Burn bigger images with MagicISO----simply
Jul 3rd, 2009 at 1:42am

You can easily burn bigger images with Magic ISO Maker. Unlike Nero, its a hustle to get big images on disc. You keep getting those errors about the iso standard file size limitation. You can still do it with Nero but, like I said, its a hustle. MagicISO has a feature called 'Burn current compilation (On-the-fly)....' . This feature is very cool. Just create your compilation by selecting Bootable CD/DVD Image for example, and click on the button....

....sit back and in-time you'll have your disc

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Burn bigger images with MagicISO----simply
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:34am

@
esco

Quote:
Unlike Nero, its a hustle to get big images on disc. You keep getting those errors about the iso standard file size limitation

Are you talking about the *hidden* boot image for an optical disc?  The standard size is 1.44 MB (floppy disk size).  But, you can create 2.88 MB and larger--but the burning program has to support this.  Is that what you're talking about?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

esco
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Botswana

Re: Burn bigger images with MagicISO----simply
Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:31am

Quote:
Are you talking about the *hidden* boot image for an optical disc?  The standard size is 1.44 MB (floppy disk size).  But, you can create 2.88 MB and larger--but the burning program has to support this.  Is that what you're talking about?

No. I'm not asking a question or for help. I'm just sharing an opinion. I think I put the topic in the wrong section may be...!?

I don't mean floppies. I'm just talking about creating any bootable DVD that may have file sizes not supported by the ISO standard, i.e beyond 2GB.
for example, you may want to create a bootable DVD with that floppy emulation, plus a ghost image. The ghost image may be bigger than 2GB, 4.2 GB for example!
working out this type of compilation is not easy with nero, especially for those who do not know how to work with UDF files.

But with Magic ISO Maker, you don't need to know about this other hard staff. Just using that feature I mentioned, you'll be up in minutes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print