Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Domain name registration (Read 28840 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Domain name registration
Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:52am

Received the following email today:

Quote:
Dear CEO & Principal,

We are a domain name registration and dispute organization in Asia, which mainly deal with the global companies' domain name registration and internet Intellectual property right protection. Currently, we have a pretty important issue needing to confirm with your company.

On July 13, 2009, we received an application formally. One company named "LLF Holdings, Inc." wanted to applied for the Internet Keyword "radified" and some domain names through our body.

During our preliminary investigation, we found that these domain names' keyword and Internet Keyword is identical with your trademark. These days we are dealing with this case, I wonder whether you consigned LLF company to register these domain names through us? If yes, we will complete the registration on these domain names. Or you do not even know this company what so ever? Currently, we have postponed this application of this company temporarily already. In order to deal with this issue better, please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Waiting for your quick reply!

Best Regards,
Bruce Lee
Auditing Department

The radified.com domain name has been registered since June 2000, and its registration is paid thru to June 2010.

Asked my domain name registrar about it. They said:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.  Yes, this is simply a solicitous spam message
trying to warrant your attention.  You should not heed anything in regards
to a trademark issue unless it is from ICANN, the national registry system.

Hope you have a great day!

IP Logged

Dan Goodell
Special Guest

N California

Re: Domain name registration
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 9:53pm

Thanks for sharing that.  I manage a small handful of domain names for various clients, so it helps to know what to be on the lookout for.  I get the routine scams trying to fool you into thinking you're re-registering, but I haven't seen this "disputed domain" scam before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print