Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating a WinPE boot disk (Read 3623 times)
kns
Ex Member

Creating a WinPE boot disk
Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:17pm

Had some simple questions related to creating a winpe boot cd, if someone could help me out here, really appreciate it.

1. This might seem like a basic question but does Ghost imaging actually "format" the drive or it just reinstalls the OS without formatting. The reason for the question is that if it does not "NTFS format" the drive, I would like to do this and automate the process after booting from the winpe disk. Does diskpart do something like that?

2. I just downloaded the UBCD4win Net Driver package & the BTS driver pack - can this whole package be injected onto the winpe image (before creating the boot disk) all at once. Or would I have to add the .inf files one by one? I tried doing this as an example -
peimg /inf=C:\DriversFolder\*.inf for the UBCD4win folder& BTS driver folder which contains all the vendor driver folders. But keeps on giving me the -800**** error
And I have to go into each driver subfolder to add the inf files, to make it work How could I add a whole bunch of drivers into the disk all at the same time?

3. Is it possible to run the old ghost.exe from the same winpe disk that we use for ghost32.exe? I mean to keep both as choices that we can make after booting from the WinPE disk? I have seen this DOS 16-bit support plugin from Erwin Veermans. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Re: Creating a WinPE boot disk
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 9:19am

Ghost creates image of the file system selected and will restore image to the same file system regardless of current format of the restore target drive. 

The only UBCD4WIN I've seen were ISO files for which you only have to burn the ISO to CD that creates the boot CD without having to run PEBuilder to create it.

Ghost.exe won't run in winpe because it's a DOS program that runs only in DOS just as ghost.exe will  also not run in Windows.

BTW lately I've had to login everytime I want to reply in spite of selecting "keeps" in the "login for" box at login.  Does anybody know why this is or how to fix it to stay logged in?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print