Send Topic Print
NightOwl is my hero (Read 5750 times)
Night0wlFanBoy
N00b

I Love Radified!

NightOwl is my hero
Aug 6th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Thanks a ton for your website.

I spent the last two days on google trying to figure out how to setup a bootable DVD, found your tutorial early on day one and went through about 12 DVD-R's trying to figure out how to make it work before giving up. Then I came back at it again today, googling everything I could find and happened upon a link to a post on these forums (which I didn't even know existed yesterday) that had NightOwl going over my exact problem and outlining why I shouldn't be having the problem in the first place (What, you mean my data files have been hiding on the X: drive the entire time???). Took another look over the tutorial, forehead->desk, and now I got my situation up and running flawlessly.

tl;dr version, nightowl is great.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: NightOwl is my hero
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 9:55am

@
Night0wlFanBoy

Thanks for the *kudos*!

Quote:
came back at it again today, googling everything I could find and happened upon a link to a post on these forums (which I didn't even know existed yesterday) that had NightOwl going over my exact problem and outlining why I shouldn't be having the problem in the first place

It's not completely clear--where you were *going wrong* with following the Guide.  Is there something I could state differently, or additionally, that would have helped you avoid the problem(s)?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Night0wlFanBoy
N00b

I Love Radified!

Re: NightOwl is my hero
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 3:17pm

Not really. Because of the meticulous detail in your guide I sort of skimmed how to do what I was supposed to do, and ended up not really understanding that all of the files not on the 'image' (created by winimage) landed on the X: drive.

Nothing wrong with the guide as much as me just not paying enough attention

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print