Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Renew GSS 2.5 support contract? (Read 3528 times)
lunadesign
Dude

I Love Radified!

Renew GSS 2.5 support contract?
Aug 12th, 2009 at 11:04am

I purchased the smallest GSS 2.5 license (5 seats, ~$200) last year and use it to do cold imaging (the old-fashioned DOS way)....it works great!

Stupid question: if I let my support contract expire does that mean I won't have access to updates any more?  It seems like GSS doesn't get updated very often...

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Renew GSS 2.5 support contract?
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 11:49am

@
lunadesign

Quote:
if I let my support contract expire does that mean I won't have access to updates any more?  It seems like GSS doesn't get updated very often...

Don't know for sure about that--but, I don't think the updates to the current version that you have licensed is dependent on the *support* contract--I suspect if you maintain the support contract, you may be eligible for any *new* version that comes out--i.e. v3.xx.

So, I would expect that you would be eligible for updates to v2.5 until Symantec stops supporting v2.5 with updates.  Does v2.5 use a *live update* routine where it *phones home* to Symantec to see if there are updates?

You can probably contact Symantec corporate sales (Symantec's Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 Info Page) to clarify that--or ask on this forum:  Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print