Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bootable Ghost CD with *universal* USB support (Read 11145 times)
Aidan
Ex Member

Bootable Ghost CD with *universal* USB support
Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:24pm

I have a standard Ghost boot disk with USB support but it doesnt work with all chipsets/external drives. I hear the Panasonic driver is the solution to this and i found Night Owl's website but the instructions for Panasonic drivers is not posted yet. Anyone know where i can find instructions? Or better yet, where can i download a bootable CD image with Ghost, Panasonic drivers and mouse support all included? I'm sure someone has posted that somewhere. Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Bootable Ghost CD with *universal* USB support
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:16am

@
Aidan

Quote:
I have a standard Ghost boot disk with USB support but it doesnt work with all chipsets/external drives.

Ghost's boot files for supporting USB storage devices in DOS have shown themselves to be very limited, but as with all things *USB in DOS*, there does not appear to be any available DOS driver that handles *all* the various combinations of USB controllers and USB external storage devices.  Search the various forum topics here and you will find ongoing postings that show problems--so the best we can do is try the various combinations and variables that are available to see if there is one setup that works on your particular system.  But, that solution may not work on the next system you try it on!

Quote:
I hear the Panasonic driver is the solution to this and i found Night Owl's website but the instructions for Panasonic drivers is not posted yet

Yes, the Panasonic USB DOS driver does work with more USB controllers and external drives than Ghost's drivers.  And, *my bad*, yes I have not gone back to my tutorial and finished what I originally started--unfortunately other *priorities*!

Quote:
Anyone know where i can find instructions?

We have discussed the issue here in the forums--this reference should help:

Adding USB (and Firewire) to Ghost Boot CD

Quote:
Or better yet, where can i download a bootable CD image with Ghost, Panasonic drivers and mouse support all included? I'm sure someone has posted that somewhere.

That would be *illegal* to distribute a boot disc that has a copy of a copyrighted software that is not in the *public domain*.

Now, one could make available a boot disc iso file that one has to add their licensed copy of Ghost to it--that probably would be okay--but, I haven't seen that available.  Mostly, you will find descriptions and samples of what command lines have been used in [config.sys] and [autoexec.bat] to create the specific boot disk they are using for their particular purposes.  People can then *adapt* those boot files to meet their specific purposes.  (As soon as you create a particular boot sequence--someone posts a question as to how to modify and change the behavior of that boot setup to meet their particular hardware setup--hard to make a *universal* boot disc that *everyone* agrees on  Wink !)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Aidan
Ex Member

Re: Bootable Ghost CD with *universal* USB support
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:25pm

Thanks for your reply NightOwl. I will use the information you linked for me to start on a new CD. By the way, if you were interested, I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for one of these CDs already setup to my specs. I would provide a legal Ghost boot disk.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print