Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NORTON GHOST FORMAT ! (Read 3481 times)
Shylesh
Ex Member

NORTON GHOST FORMAT !
Dec 29th, 2009 at 2:07pm

HEY !

I want to format my HDD SATA 250 Gb Segate, Downloaded a Norton Ghost (1.2) Mb but dont know how to use it of make a Bootable floppy out of it ! Please advice

Thank you in advance.

Shylesh

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: NORTON GHOST FORMAT !
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 10:16am

@
Shylesh

Norton Ghost is not a partitioning or formatting tool as such.  It does perform those tasks, but as part of the restore process of a previously created Ghost image file--or on the fly cloning from one HDD to another.

Seagate has HDD tools for formatting and partitioning that you can download:  Downloads

There is a command line tool that's included with the Ghost installation package called *gdisk*--it is Ghost's equivalent to MS *format* tool--which can do most formatting tasks:

Switches: GDisk

Switches: GDisk and GDisk32 for Norton Ghost 2003

Quote:
Downloaded a Norton Ghost (1.2) Mb

Based on that size, if it's the DOS executable program--then you probably have a copy of the Corp. version of Ghost--and probably v8.xx.

User Guides can be found here:  Ghost v8.xx Guides and Manuals

And, you can learn about using Ghost here:  Rad's Original Guide to DOS based Ghost:  Guide to Norton Ghost

Quote:
but dont know how to ... make a Bootable floppy out of it !

Well, based on what you have said, I'm assuming you have a *pirated* copy of the program--if you had the licensed version, you would have the *Ghost Boot Wizard* that would help create the needed boot disks or discs.

You can get DOS boot disks from any number of sources:  Boot floppy disks and ISO files for bootable CD discs from Allbootdisks.com, and Boot Disks.

Once booted to DOS, you can then eject the boot disk and place a second disk with the *ghost.exe* program on it into the floppy drive and run Ghost from there--but again, you will not be able to format a HDD with the *ghost.exe* program as a separate function from Ghost's cloning function.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print