HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
File compatibility (Read 2366 times)
birdleggs
Ex Member

File compatibility
Jan 14th, 2010 at 6:01pm

Does anyone know if either G 12 or G14 can open a G 2003 files.  I have some old G 2003 files which I would like to put on another laptop and have lost Smiley  my G 2003 program.  Thanks

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: File compatibility
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 9:50am

@
birdleggs

Quote:
Does anyone know if either G 12 or G14 can open a G 2003 files.

As far as I know, the answer is *No*!

Ghost 2003 creates the DOS based Ghost image files with *.gho* and *.ghs* extensions.  G 12 and G 14 are Windows based and the image files are completely incompatible!

The installation disc for Ghost 9 and 10 had a *utility* program on it that was available once booted to the Recovery Environment that allowed working with *legacy* Ghost image files (i.e. *.gho* and *.ghs* files)--it was a crippled version of *ghost32.exe*--the DOS based Ghost program that is modified to work under Windows--you can actually access that program without booting to the Recovery Environment by running it from the CD (or you can copy it from the CD to your system's HDD)--its name on the CD is *RESTOREGHOST.EXE*--but I don't think it's included in Ghost 12 or 14.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print