Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't update to 793...cannot connect to LiveUpdate Archive Server (Read 2638 times)
gearnuts
Ex Member

Can't update to 793...cannot connect to LiveUpdate Archive Server
Jan 21st, 2010 at 11:11am

Ghost 2003 update issues

I have been unsuccessful in resolving my ghost.exe build 775 update to 793. I have followed the instructions at

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2007010219171513

When i run step 4 - 3, the dialog says connecting to Symantec LiveUpdate Archive Server.  After a few moments the dialog updates to "cannot connect to host" and a popup with error "LU1834: update not found. LiveUpdate could not find an update on the server"

I made sure all ghost services were killed before updating LiveUpdate and have un/reinstalled and attempted LiveUpdate several times with the same result. I have no other connectivity issues and I disabled firewall just in case.

Has anyone else seen this? Or know any other way to get a reinstall of 2003 up to date at build 793?

Thanks for your advice.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Can't update to 793...cannot connect to LiveUpdate Archive Server
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 1:04am

@
gearnuts

You're the first to report a problem like this--maybe the Symantec Server is down--hopefully just temporarily--try again in the next day or two and see if you eventually succeed!

Let us know...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print