Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unknown image format: code 65 (Read 9426 times)
jay12333
Ex Member

Unknown image format: code 65
Jan 25th, 2010 at 4:26pm

Hi All,

I created a backup of a customers machine using ghost version 2003 I tend to keep these incase something didn't get backed up and in this case something didnt.

I then tried to dump the backup
"Usage error 10027"
"Unknown image format: code 65: later ghost version required"

As that didnt work I installed ghost explorer 2003  and tried opening the image, this gives me error "cant open";

does anyone have any ideas of which version I need to try.

TIA for any help

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Unknown image format: code 65
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:43am

@
jay12333

Quote:
I created a backup of a customers machine using ghost version 2003 I tend to keep these incase something didn't get backed up

Did you do an *Integrity* check of the image file after you created it?  Even though, on my systems, I have never had a *corrupt* image file occur (knock on wood!), I never consider my Ghost image valid and the Ghost procedure complete until I verify the image *Integrity*.

Quote:
I then tried to dump the backup
"Usage error 10027"
"Unknown image format: code 65: later ghost version required"

When an error occurs, Ghost is notorious for not *analyzing* the problem accurately--so Ghost is aware of a problem, but shows *inappropriate* error messages.

Quote:
I installed ghost explorer 2003  and tried opening the image, this gives me error "cant open";

If both Ghost and Ghost Explorer are failing to properly open and use the image file, it most likely is a bad image file set--something went wrong way back when it was first created.

Newer versions of Ghost are designed to be backward compatible with older image file formats, but older Ghost versions may not be able to load and read a newer version image file format.

So, unless you actually used a newer version of Ghost than Ghost 2003 to create the image file, and you are now attempting to open that newer image file with an older version of Ghost--I suspect you have a corrupt image file that is giving you an inappropriate error message.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print