Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem With Ghost (Read 8016 times)
WilliamP
Technoluster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Problem With Ghost
Jul 11th, 2010 at 4:03pm

I have built 2 computers,both on Gigabyte mobo's.  I have Windows XP on both. My computer on a Ga-EP45-UD3P board. My wife's on a Ga-EX58-UD3r board. I have Ghost 2003 on both. On both I had a system drive and a Ghost drive.  All 4 were 160 gb sata drives, same manufacturer. I bought 2 SSD's Intel 160 GB. On my computer I Ghosted the image to the SSD ,no problem. On my wife's when I tried to boot ,it would get to the screen where Windows was supposed to load and that was it. I tried to Ghost the image 2 more times with the same result. I finally loaded the SSD piece at a time. It broke my heart. What could be the problem?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Problem With Ghost
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 4:43pm

@
WilliamP

WilliamP wrote on Jul 11th, 2010 at 4:03pm:
it would get to the screen where Windows was supposed to load and that was it.

Which screen is that? If it is the one I'm thinking of there could be a resolution.

IP Logged

WilliamP
Technoluster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 7:39pm

I honestly don't remember.

IP Logged

wp
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

california

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 9:45pm

search for entries by me about 3 months ago for step by step use of ghost 2003.

IP Logged

WilliamP
Technoluster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 7:35am

I have used Ghost at least 3 times to restore an image and never before had a problem. I also have First Defense ISR on both computers and on the same computer I can't update the Archive Image which is on another drive. It will create the image but won't update it.

IP Logged

wp
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

california

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 8:43am

try again without first defense isr.  write down any problems.

IP Logged

WilliamP
Technoluster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 9:45am

Thank you for the suggestion.  But there is no way I want to have to reload that system. That is momma's computer and she has a lot of stuff. My computer has FD and there was no problem. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the mobo.

IP Logged

OldCasper
Technoluster

I Love Ghost!

Florida, USA

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:00pm

When you have Ghost and use it on a regular basis to backup your C drive, to another drive or partition, you don't need any other backup program.  Not really!
Doing a Ghost partition to image backup gets EVERYTHING in your C partition.

If you make daily or frequent additions to your Documents or Pictures, just doing a backup of those files to a second drive or Flash Drive will preserve those things, till the next Ghost backup.
I use the old DOS program, XCOPY, to perform that little task, from a simple DOS batch file.  It only takes a few seconds to do the backup of new files or files that have changed since the last backup.

Just this week I had to do a Ghost Image restore to fix a problem I got into when a downloaded program went berserk and started eating my HD.
Having a Ghost Backup Image file of less than a week old is very advantageous when you need to restore your HD.

Good Luck,
Old Casper

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print