Send Topic Print
Ghost for Windows 7? (Read 3464 times)
snoofy10
N00b

New to cloning.

Houston Texas

Ghost for Windows 7?
Aug 12th, 2010 at 11:53pm

I have Windows 7 and have read that there is a particular version of Ghost 15 that is compatible.  Anyone happen to know what version is compatible with Windows 7, and where can I purchase it?  Thanks

IP Logged

snoofy10
N00b

New to cloning.

Houston Texas

testing backup of laptop...
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 12:00am

was reading of a way to test your backup to make sure it is indeed working.  from my laptop I would attach an external hard drive, start ghost and choose drive c on laptop as source, and external drive as destination.  then to restore i'd like to attach a 2nd external hd drive, then restore from the 1st external hard drive containing saved image, and restore it to the 2nd external hd drive.

in this way i would bypass the original c drive on laptop therefore preserving it's integrity, and i'd be able to look at the 2nd external hd drive to see if the saved image worked.  i have no idea if this would work.  i would appreciate anyones experience or opinion on this.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost for Windows 7?
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 3:50pm

@
snoofy10

Yes, Ghost 15 is fine with Win7.

Ideally you should restore an image to an internal HD to confirm the process works. Practically, people usually don't have a spare HD so you should confirm the image verifies and mounts in Windows as well as verifies in the CD Recovery Environment. Then you can be almost certain that the image will restore correctly. Verify is primarily a test of your hardware's ability to restore the image.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print