Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Norton Ghost 15 in a school (Read 4605 times)
bart
N00b

I Love Radified!

Norton Ghost 15 in a school
Aug 17th, 2010 at 4:13am

Hello all,

I work in a school with more then 120 computers.
I have installed ghost 15 and I have made 5 images with different windows operatings systems and office versions, installed on every pc, using a second partition.
Every day I need to put one of the images with the norton installation disk, one by one.
Is there a way to do this more efficient? Because now I need to follow all the steps in the installation disk and that takes too many time.
I would be nice to start the pc with a cd. Choose an image and click GO.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Norton Ghost 15 in a school
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 4:39am

@
bart

Wow. 120 Ghost 15 licenses. I'm sure the school could have got a better deal with Ghost Solution Suite. And you could do have done your images and restores automatically.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you are trying to do with Ghost. Could you provide more information.

IP Logged

bart
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 6:53am

On partition C  = windows
On partition D = 5 saved mirrors (different windows and office versions)

Every day I need a different version so at the end of the day, the teacher put back the mirror for tomorrow with te norton installation disk. But the disk has so many steps to walk trough. I want a simple one-click system like start up with the cd, then choose the mirror (on the D drive) and then start.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 3:31pm

@
bart

I understand. Each computer has the potential of booting 5 different systems. You would like the next system to be restored by a simple click. Unfortunately this can't be done with Ghost 15. There are no restore shortcuts with Ghost 15.

Apps that would work for you are TeraByte's Image for Windows/Image for DOS, Drive Snapshot or DOS Ghost (GSS). With these apps you can boot from a CD or flash drive, choose the system to be restored from a simple menu and then walk away.

IP Logged

bart
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 2:10am

Thank you Brian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print