Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error on image download (Read 5388 times)
MilTech
N00b

I Love Rock N Roll!

New York, NY

Error on image download
Aug 23rd, 2010 at 10:14pm

Hay all,

I am new to the forum, I work for a firm in NYC, we recently had a need to Ghost a new HP Proliant 380 G6 server, which consisted of the OS and an application that took quit a bit of time to install and configure. The OS is Windows 2008 R2 (64), I used an older version of  the corporate Ghost (7) software. The image uploaded successfully. I then attempted to download the image to a server with the exact hardware specs (except for memory). The download completed successfully, but when I booted the machine I received an error stating that the hardware on the server recently changed and that I should insert the OS disk to effect repairs, or something to that effect.  Can someone corroborate whether or not this is due to the memory discrepancy. A peer on my support team does not feel as though  this is the cause. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Error on image download
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 10:32pm

@
MilTech

I've no experience with your OS or hardware.

Just a guess but is the partition on your HP Proliant 380 G6 server, 2048 sector aligned? I suspect Ghost 7 is not aware of this alignment so unless you restore the image into an established 2048 sector aligned partition the restored OS will not boot without some "assistance".

IP Logged

MilTech
N00b

I Love Rock N Roll!

New York, NY

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 8:18am

Brian wrote on Aug 23rd, 2010 at 10:32pm:
@
MilTech

I've no experience with your OS or hardware.

Just a guess but is the partition on your HP Proliant 380 G6 server, 2048 sector aligned? I suspect Ghost 7 is not aware of this alignment so unless you restore the image into an established 2048 sector aligned partition the restored OS will not boot without some "assistance".

Thanks for that input I will check

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 4:07pm

@
MilTech

Please let us know the outcome. We've seen that situation frequently with Ghost 2003. It doesn't understand 2048 sector aligned partitions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print