Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Restore image from boot menu (Read 4056 times)
Spritel
N00b

I Love Radified!

Restore image from boot menu
Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:27pm

I would like to create a boot menu that has the option for the user to restore a previously created image of a C drive.

My quick overview of this would be to use PartitionMagic to create 3 partitions, (BootMagic, C, Ghost) use Ghost to create the c.gho image file on the Ghost partition, and then BootMagic to invoke the restore process.

My thought would be that the BootMagic would have a very short timeout (3 seconds or less) for the user to select the C drive restore.  If the user has any major problem, they could always just reboot, and select the C drive reload option (and yes, any files that they have stored on the C drive would be lost so they will have their files redirected to the D drive). 

Also, as needed, the C drive will be changed and updated.  This will create the need for the c.gho image file on the Ghost partition to be updated.  This would be easily done without altering the boot option.

I have looked around and I have found discussions around this kind of set up, but not specifically what I am describing. 

Before I start this, can anyone give me some input on what gotchas there are to this idea? 

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Restore image from boot menu
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:30pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print