Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recovery Disk Query - Ghost 14.0 (Read 4550 times)
grandsire02
N00b

I Love Radified!

Recovery Disk Query - Ghost 14.0
Sep 27th, 2010 at 4:31pm

This is very much a newbie level question! I'm running Ghost 14.0 and need to do a complete computer recovery. I've produced a recovery disk, but before I reboot using the this disk, the instructions say that I should 'validate the drivers on it'.  Firstly, where is the driver validation tool referred to, and how is it used? It also says that the recovery disk creation wizard can be used to check the drivers, but when I run this with the disk I've created, it tells me I've got a 32-bit disk and I'm running Vista x64 - though I can 'add additional drivers manually' - but doesn't tell me which ones and where to get them from. I'm afraid all this is totally above my head, so could anyone please hold my hand and provide me with an idiot's step-by-step guide as to what I should be doing? Thank you in anticipation.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Recovery Disk Query - Ghost 14.0
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 5:14pm

@
grandsire02

Ghost 15 is the current Ghost. It was released last November. I think Symantec has a web site problem and is selling Ghost 14 by mistake. If you contact Symantec they will fix it.

Most people don't need a custom CD. If you can see your HDs and your network from the recovery CD you don't need a custom CD. And yes, the CD drivers are 32 bit.

By the way folks, the Ghost 15 Recovery CD is freely available from Symantec.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=200910160...

IP Logged

grandsire02
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:00pm

I'm definitely using 14.0 - I bought it before last November and this is the first time I've needed to use it. 'If you can see your HDs and your network from the recovery CD you don't need a custom CD' Are you saying that the 32-bit recovery disk I have will do the job?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:18pm

grandsire02 wrote on Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:00pm:
Are you saying that the 32-bit recovery disk I have will do the job? 

Boot from the CD and...

click Recover My Computer
Next
in the "View by" (drop down arrow) choose Filename 
click Browse
double click Computer
navigate to the folder containing your Recovery points
select the relevant Recovery point
click Open....

If you get this far the Recovery CD can see your HDs and you don't need a custom CD.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print