Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cant seem to ghost Dell Latitude D530 with Ghost 11.5.0.2113 (Read 3721 times)
LORD_DrDeathhand
Ex Member

Cant seem to ghost Dell Latitude D530 with Ghost 11.5.0.2113
Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:49am

Dear Fellow Ghost users,

I am posting this post because I am totally at a loss why I am not able to get a Dell Latitude D530 to ghost via Ghost console over the network.

First of all I have to say that I have tried my best to search the forums for an answer but for some reason the search function of this website is broken because when I configure to search all posts, I always no matter what other options I choose get a time out so I just have to post this posting.

Ok, let me scetch the situation I am in.  I have 1. the Complete symantec ghost solution suite installed and configured, version 11.5.0.2113,  I have already ghosted multiple machines over the network via the console so no problems there.  But what is a problem is the following.  In the organisation I work at I have at least 60 Dell Latitude D530 Laptops which also need to be ghosted. I created a new fresh clean install and I want to ghost this to all the other lappies.

On the Dell Lat D530 I have installed a fresh install of WXP with SP3 with all updates and everything correctly installed, and ofcourse I installed the ghost client.

When I create a task in the Ghost console, and excecute it I eventually get the following message
"Details for: To Virtual Partition
Drivers could not be found in the PreOS for the following devices:

Manufacturer: "Intel,Description: "Intel(R)82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controler"

This ofcourse means I need to add the AHCI driver in the WindowsPE that ghost uses.  So I have gone to the ghost boot wizard, there edited the WinPE files and added the AHCI drivers, (both from intel and dell) and yes I installed them as Vista drivers.

But still after all this, and after tying out multiple other things the end result remains the same.

I just dont understand why It wont take those drivers. Or am I missing something? 

Well I hope you can help me out with this one because I have been going at it for at least a week now and I am annoyed as hell.

Thanks!

Greetings from DrDeathhand

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Cant seem to ghost Dell Latitude D530 with Ghost 11.5.0.2113
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:11am

@
LORD_DrDeathhand

Unfortunately, based on reading what you are doing above, you are at least one level above what most visitors here are attempting to do with Ghost (that includes me!)--sometimes you get lucky and one of our members is working with the same Ghost Corp version--but, most of our forum visitors are dealing with retail level Ghost issues--and Ghost Console is not part of the retail Ghost programs!

You would probably find more knowledgeable folks who use Corp Ghost at the Symantec Forums:

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum

The first entry at that forum as of today is:

Ghost doesn't get past "To Virtual Partition"

And near the bottom of the replies is this entry:

Adding NIC and SATA Drivers to Windows PE

Any help for your issues there?

If not, register and post your problem there.  Hopefully they can help!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print