Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
norton ghost 15 help (Read 4847 times)
rabea
N00b

I Love Radified!

norton ghost 15 help
Oct 28th, 2010 at 11:38am

hi everyone , i am new to norton ghost  and i am using version 15. i already formated my pc and i installed all my programs a fresh install , now i am looking to a solution to make an exact image fo my hdd in a way if i done any harmful changes later, i can restore it back to a point where all my program where installed along with my oporating system and drivers, and is there any tutorial to show how to use norton ghost..
another question is what is the differences between cloning hdd and making image of a hdd...

thank you all..... Smiley

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: norton ghost 15 help
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 3:06pm

@
rabea

You are on the right track. Which OS are you using? How many partitions are on the HD?

Rad has a guide for Ghost 12. Ghost 15 isn't very different. I suggest starting with a One Time Backup.

http://nortonghost.radified.com/norton_ghost_table_contents.html

Cloning a HD isn't what you need (Copy Drive). That is for upgrading to a larger HD. You need to create an image (recovery point).

http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/notes.htm#note14

IP Logged

rabea
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 1:21pm

hi , and thanks for your help , what i did today is that i  went to something called (run or manage backup) then i got a new screen called (define a new backup) and i got 2 choices the first one is (backup my computer) and the second called (backup selected file and folder) so i went to the first choise and i did backup my entire files and folders along with the os and the drivers  everything , and i saved it on another partition of my hdd...so i thing i am on the right track , hopefully but i am confused about the option called  (create custom recovery disk) , for what we use this option?

thanks .... Wink

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 2:09pm

@
rabea

rabea wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 1:21pm:
am confused about the option called(create custom recovery disk) , for what we use this option?

You only need a custom CD if you can't see your hard drives from the recovery environment. Have you booted from the Ghost CD yet and experimented with a few menus? Aborting before the final choice.

rabea wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 1:21pm:
did backup my entire files and folders

Stay away from that backup, it isn't a good choice. At this stage just do a "One Time Backup". Page 75 in the user-guide.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print