Welcome, Guest. Please Login
 
  HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  
 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Problem after hard drive won't boot (Read 32400 times)
leftyx
Technoluster
***
Offline


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posts: 120


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #75 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 7:11pm
 
You probably thought I was gone. I was Hehheh. I will empty the recycle bin and check before and after what is in backup.
 
 
IP Logged
 

NightOwl
Radministrator
*****
Offline


"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Posts: 5801
Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #76 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:23pm
 
@
leftyx

Quote:
You probably thought I was gone. I was Hehheh. I will empty the recycle bin and check before and after what is in backup.

Still *Gone*?

We always like to hear back on what the results are!
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !
 
IP Logged
 
leftyx
Technoluster
***
Offline


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posts: 120


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #77 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 6:28pm
 
I thought you knew. Everything works fine now and I'm a genius to my wife and kid. As far as emptyinng the recycle bin, The F: drive already had done its backups for the week and there was no change in the F: drive free space when I emptied the recycle bin.
As far as I know everything is working well. I'm using 400gb for backups and have about 75gb free space on the *backup* drive. Grin
 
 
IP Logged
 
NightOwl
Radministrator
*****
Offline


"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Posts: 5801
Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #78 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:19pm
 
@
leftyx

Quote:
I thought you knew


I know you recovered your OS partition, but I was wondering if you saw any increase in your *free space* after you had deleted all those *new WinXP* files off the *Backup* HDD--no big deal if it can't be determined any longer!
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !
 
IP Logged
 
leftyx
Technoluster
***
Offline


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posts: 120


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #79 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 2:18pm
 
NightOwl wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:19pm:
@
leftyx

Quote:
I thought you knew


I know you recovered your OS partition, but I was wondering if you saw any increase in your *free space* after you had deleted all those *new WinXP* files off the *Backup* HDD--no big deal if it can't be determined any longer!


Nightowl,
I noticed something in the backups report that there wasnt enough space for the D: drive to create its backup. In the Backup Management there is a checkbox to let it automatically optimize backup space on the F: drive. I checked that and deleted all the older backups, leaving one backup for eack partition. Well, then on the F: drive there were several old backups. Not recent but older ones from several months ago. Attached is a jpg of the F: drive Explorer directory.
Question is do those need to get deleted? Seems the older backups won't go away.
Thank you.
 
 
IP Logged
 
NightOwl
Radministrator
*****
Offline


"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Posts: 5801
Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #80 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 2:03am
 
@
leftyx

Quote:
In the Backup Management there is a checkbox to let it automatically optimize backup space on the F: drive. I checked that and deleted all the older backups, leaving one backup for eack partition. Well, then on the F: drive there were several old backups. Not recent but older ones from several months ago.

Well, so Ghost did not delete *all* the old backups!  Some how those remaining backups were no longer being *monitored* by Ghost as the current list of backups that it was aware of.  Those backups are still *valid*, but for some reason Ghost reset the list that it was keeping track of and those remaining are from previous backups.

Quote:
Question is do those need to get deleted? Seems the older backups won't go away.

If you feel they are no longer needed--then that's fine.  You have to be the judge of that--just like you had to be the judge to select that *checkbox* to *automatically* delete older backups that Ghost was still monitoring!

Brian may have some better thoughts on letting Ghost decide what to delete as far as old backups--but the ultimate decision is yours!
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !
 
IP Logged
 

leftyx
Technoluster
***
Offline


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posts: 120


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #81 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:35am
 
NightOwl wrote on Jan 2nd, 2011 at 2:03am:
@
leftyx

If you feel they are no longer needed--then that's fine.  You have to be the judge of that--just like you had to be the judge to select that *checkbox* to *automatically* delete older backups that Ghost was still monitoring!

Brian may have some better thoughts on letting Ghost decide what to delete as far as old backups--but the ultimate decision is yours!


I deleted the "unmonitored" backups from the F: drive and now have just two backups of each drive, except C:, which I only have the Jan 2 backup. Everything looks good and I have all the space I need on F: for now. Thanks again for saving my ass.  Grin
 
 
IP Logged
 
leftyx
Technoluster
***
Offline


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posts: 120


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #82 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:22am
 
Hi Guys,

Checking in after a few months. Had a chance to use my knowledge gained here. Had a hard crash and HDs got mixed up again. All I had to do was switch the HDs in the Setup and was back up in a few minutes. Now that I know the problem I can fix what is wrong easily. Take care guys.
 
 
IP Logged
 
NightOwl
Radministrator
*****
Offline


"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Posts: 5801
Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA


Back to top
Re: Problem after hard drive won't boot
Reply #83 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:19am
 
@
leftyx

Quote:
Had a chance to use my knowledge gained here. Had a hard crash and HDs got mixed up again. All I had to do was switch the HDs in the Setup and was back up in a few minutes. Now that I know the problem I can fix what is wrong easily.

Thanks for reporting back!
 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print