Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem to restore an image from a .GHO file (Read 5085 times)
Jack Bauer
N00b

I Love Radified!

Problem to restore an image from a .GHO file
Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:45am

Hello everybody !

A few weeks ago, I made 2 .GHO files with Ghost 11.5 of each of the partitions of my disk.
The first partition (with Windows on it) was restored easily and normally but the other freezes Ghost32 with a memory allocation error. I tried Ghost Explorer but it crashed once I've opened the image.
I tried other things, such as running Ghost Explorer with the -corrupt and -ignoreindex switches, but so far, I can see my files (after a few hours waiting) but when I want to extract any file, Ghost Explorer crashes again !!!  Angry

I still don't have any file extracted from it and I really them !!!

I would really appreciate any kind of help to get my files extracted.

Thank you in advance !  Smiley

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Problem to restore an image from a .GHO file
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:47am

@
Jack Bauer

Hi Jack--welcome to Radified forums!

Quote:
I made 2 .GHO files with Ghost 11.5 of each of the partitions of my disk.

Did you do a *Local > Check > Image File* on each of the Ghost backups after you created them?  It's an important safety step!  See here:

How to verify the integrity of an image file

There's some interesting information about patching Ghost Solution Suite v2.5 and other information about stored image files on NTFS partitions.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the second .gho file is *corrupt*.  And, unfortunately, there has never been a solution to that situation that allows accessing the files in a corrupt Ghost image file.

Quote:
I tried other things, such as running Ghost Explorer with the -corrupt and -ignoreindex switches

Those are the only steps that I'm aware of that might have helped.  Here's a reference for those steps:

How to handle a corrupted image file

You could take your problem to the Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum.  Maybe there's something new available from the *source*!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print