Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which version of Ghost allows you to Copy an External drive? (Read 3126 times)
cardinal23
Nuclear Grade

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Which version of Ghost allows you to Copy an External drive?
Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:51pm

I have a 2TB Fantom external drive.  It has 2 partitions.  It is very important, so I just bought a second 2TB Fantom.  I want to "clone" drive 1.  When I'm done, they will be identical.

What I hope to do is this:
Plug both External drives into my PC.  Run a program and choose "Copy Drive" (or equivilent).  I saw "CloneZilla".  I think that would work.  However, I have every version of Ghost.  I seem to recall that this feature (Copy Drive) was in a version of Ghost, and later removed.

So: I am looking for an easy way to copy my 2TB external hard drive.
Thank you

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Which version of Ghost allows you to Copy an External drive?
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 1:23pm

@
cardinal23

Quote:
I want to "clone" drive 1.  When I'm done, they will be identical

If the drive 1 just contains data--just copy the data to the second HDD!

Use a program to copy any changed on drive 1 to drive 2:  Karen's Replicator -- i.e. *synchronize* the data between the two.  (Note--if the data on drive 1 is constantly changing, drive 2 becomes outdated immediately after making a copy of drive 1--unless you are constantly updating drive 2 as well!)

Any imaging/cloning tool can make a drive image--the better programs can verify the integrity of the file, and usually have the ability to mount the image file to access and restore individual files from the image if needed.

This program, which is free, will probably do what you want:  TeraByte's CopyWipe

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print