Read only drive? (Read 3459 times)
Dirk B
Radmeister

I Love Radified!

Monterey, CA  USA

Read only drive?
Dec 26th, 2010 at 3:01pm

Computer: Dell Precision M90/Windows Vista Business/160 GB HDD/Ghost 14
Situation:  Backed up base configuration of above computer to external HDD.  Then, on a different computer running XP, hooked up and initialized a brand new 160GB HDD.  Used Partition Magic to partition and format.  Formatted two primary partitions of 40GB and one logical partition of ~71GB all NTFS.  Hooked up this new drive to the Dell, put in Ghost disc, hooked up external drive with image of Dell and restored to the C: drive of the new disk.  No problems.  With the new disk installed on the Dell, the drives are listed as C: and G: being primary and D: logical.  Ok here comes the problem.  I'd like to image this base configuration to the logical drive.  When I try to tell Ghost to image to the D: drive I get this message:
D:\ is a read-only location and is not a valid destination.

'Show details' gives further:
Error E7D1001D: Unable to open 'D:\Destination_Location_Test_File'.  Error EBAB03F1: Access is denied.

Did a google search and found a bit of info but it all seemed to be concerning networks.  This is just a stand alone computer.  Any Ideas?  Thanks.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Read only drive?
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 3:23pm

@
Dirk B

I don't think Ghost likes the partition that was created by PM. I suggest deleting the extended partition and then re-create the extended partition and logical volume while in Disk Management.

Any luck?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print