Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error E98F (Read 3774 times)
fotobits
Dude

Stratford-upon-Avon UK

Error E98F
Jan 15th, 2011 at 11:37am

I have set up two backup tasks.  One task to backup C:\ onto K:\ and the other task to backup E:\ onto N:\.

Both tasks to make Recovery Point Sets and both to keep two sets, a base-set being made on a month change.

After a backup, both tasks return the error message similar to : "E98F004RPAM, initialisation failed".

In "Advanced/Drives", Windows BU appears "at risk," this should be "Backup destination."  In "the "Home" window, "Windows BU" shows no recovery points.

An online connection with Norton Support resulted in my backup task settings being changed by "Disabling smartsector copying" and "Ignore bad sector copying."

The "Disabling...." change results in a backup taking forever and the backup image being very large.

Seems quite impractical.  I'm waiting for my second attempt to create a Recovery Point to complete!

In the meantime has anyone experience of this error message?

Regards....

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Error E98F
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 3:38pm

@
fotobits

fotobits wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 11:37am:
Seems quite impractical.

I agree. You do want Smart Sector Copying and you don't want to Ignore Bad Sectors.

Can you create the Recovery Points (images) manually by using "One Time Backup" from the Tasks tab?

IP Logged

fotobits
Dude

Stratford-upon-Avon UK

Re: Error E98F
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 11:57am

Many thanks for your reply Brian.

Whilst I'm not sure as to the reason, Ghost is now working well and up to my expectations!

I confirm that "Disable SmartSector Copying" and "Ignore Bad Sectors during Copy" are re-activated.

"Smartsector Copying" just isn't acceptable to my way of thinking!

Thanks again Brian.....Noel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print