Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back up and restore full Drive(windows 7) (Read 11798 times)
Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Back up and restore full Drive(windows 7)
Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:47am

Hello friend i want to know how to copy(clone) Complete windows 7 Drive with all software and settings and restore on another pc (my new leaptop Cheesy)
i just got NG 15

HElp me guys Wink Wink

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Back up and restore full Drive(windows 7)
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:03am

Ghost 15 is designed to copy/image/restore on the same computer. Transferring an OS from one computer to another is specialized and may require extra work to make the OS boot. If the OS is OEM you will need to buy another Windows license otherwise it won't load on the new computer.

Can you tell us about each computer and the license type?

IP Logged

Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:30am

Brian wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:03am:
it won't load on the new computer.

no i m just selling my pc (without windows)
and i want to save my all windows ,software and settings to install in my new pc Cheesy Wink Grin
is it possible Undecided Undecided Tongue

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:02am

@
Cyber Princ

Quote:
Brian wrote:

and you answered:

no i m just selling my pc

Quote:
i want to know how to copy(clone) Complete windows 7 Drive with all software and settings and restore on another pc (my new leaptop)

is it possible

I think Brian answered your question!  Probably not with Ghost 15.  It might be possible, but he asked for more information--i.e. the type of license you have for your current system that Win 7 is installed on, and probably what the model numbers are for your current system and the new laptop.

An answer to those questions of *No* might not get you very far in terms of assistance!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 10:25pm

os win 7 ultimate & the model of leapy is same Cool Smiley Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 10:40pm

@
Cyber Princ

What brand are the laptops?

Did you install Win 7 on the old laptop or did you buy the laptop with Win7 already installed?

Do the laptops have the same size HDs?

IP Logged

Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 4:14am

asus
and brand(version) are same (reason i got some problem in ram so the company is changing my laptop with new one Cheesy Grin thats why i want to make *.gho image of my hole drive)

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 4:23am

@
Cyber Princ

I'm trying to help you but you don't read my posts or answer my questions. So how are we going to cope with detailed instructions?

IP Logged

Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:05am

ans

1. Brand Asus Smiley

2. i install windows in my leapy Smiley version win 7 Ultimate

3.  Smileymy new leapy is same with same HDD size

now okk?? Cool Cool

N BTw you heard about ylmf ghost windows its so easy to use i want to make like that is it possible Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #9 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:30am

@
Cyber Princ

Your answers to our inquiries appear to suggest that the English language is not your native language....or you have very little experience with understanding the basics about computers....help us out here--what are we dealing with--language issues or lack of understanding?

You apparently have an original laptop by Asus that has developed a RAM issue--and Asus (?--*the company*?) is going to replace it with an *identical* replacement (*and brand(version) are same *)--but, apparently you get to keep the original (because you plan on selling it--without an OS--hope you are an ethical seller and plan on reveling the RAM defect!) (I thought companies usually require sending back the original if they are replacing a *defective* unit--what's the back story on that?).

Okay, so Asus is the *manufacturer*--they make many different *versions* (models) of laptops.

1.  What *model* are the two laptops--it is often printed somewhere on the top cover of the unit, or somewhere around the keyboard, or some type of label underneath the unit?  (Is the labeled *model* the same on both units?)

Asus does not appear to actually sell their laptops directly to the public--but, instead through *resellers*.

2.  Where did you purchase your *original* laptop? 

Someone had to have installed the Win7 OS onto the laptop.

3.  Did you buy a *bare* system with no Win OS--and install Win7 yourself?

4.  Or, did the OS come already installed?  If *Yes*, who installed it?  Some one has to provide *support* (be responsible to the new owner) for the installed OS--if you did not install it, then someone else did--they are usually considered the *OEM* (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

Depending on your answer to questions 3 and 4 will help determine what type of Win7 *license* you have.  If you installed Win7 yourself from a retail purchased installation disc--then Microsoft is responsible for support.

If the Win7 OS was installed by Asus or by the source (reseller) from which you purchased the laptop from--the the *license type* will probably be an *OEM* type Windows license--and the *OEM* installer is responsible for support of the OS--not Microsoft.

5.  What *license type* for Windows do you have? 

On your original laptop, *right click* *My Computer* (in Win7, I think it will simply be *Computer*), select *Properties*--the resulting screen should give you *System Properties* and it should list if it is Registered to you, and what the system *type* is--if it's an *OEM*, it should probably say so there!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #10 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:33am

@
Cyber Princ

I did not see your most recent post as I was composing my reply above.

We still need the *model* number(s) of your laptops.

Quote:
2. i install windows in my leapy  version win 7 Ultimate

So, you bought a *bare* laptop without an installed OS and did that yourself--correct?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print