Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ShadowProtect v4 vs Norton Ghost v15 (Read 8983 times)
Spritel
N00b

I Love Radified!

ShadowProtect v4 vs Norton Ghost v15
May 23rd, 2011 at 8:17pm

I am running Windows 7.
I am a long time user of previous versions of Norton Ghost going way back into the DOS days.
I have read many posts on the net comparing image backup software applications and have not gotten a good comparison of Norton Ghost v15 to ShadowProtect Desktop v4.

I am seeking to do specifically one thing for overall comparison.  I simply want to back up an image of the 'C' drive partition to another partition, just as I have done for years with previous versions of Norton Ghost.  I do not see a need to install the software on the PC, so I am fine with running the software in the boot 'Recovery Environment' (Windows PE) for both backup and restore as a cold image backup.

Simply said, I just want to make an image copy of the 'C' drive to another partition and then be able to put it back later if necessary.

I already know that Norton Ghost v15 does not support previous versions of Ghost images.

Can anyone give me some input on this or direct me to a resource that will give me a better apples-to-apples comparison of the two.  Maybe if we just compare their functionalities while in the 'Recovery Environment'.

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

SloPoke
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Re: ShadowProtect v4 vs Norton Ghost v15
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2011 at 8:27am

Since you are running Windows 7 and don't intend to install the software and rely only on the recovery CD, there is no need to use either product.  Windows 7 already has built in imaging software that will create an image of your C: drive (or any partition) which can be restored through the Windows 7 repair disk.

IP Logged

Spritel
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2011 at 11:25am

SloPoke,

Thank you for the feedback.  I am aware of the Windows 7 System Image Backup.

I still would like to know if anyone can provide a comparison of ShadowProtect v4 vs Norton Ghost v15?

Thanks

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2011 at 2:04pm

user pleonasm was a shadowprotect user.

a search thru his posts wil reveal why he lkes it.

such as

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1239819343/5#5

or search for the term itself. he's quite articulate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print