Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Want to make bootable Ghost disc with one click restore Option? (Read 7086 times)
Newbie here
N00b

I Love Radified!

Want to make bootable Ghost disc with one click restore Option?
Jun 10th, 2011 at 11:07pm

hello friends i want to know is it possible to make a bootable CD

Which contain .Gho & Ghost32.exe & other important file & Show Restore Option from Boot & after Clicking on Restore it will start Restoring automatically  Cool

Is it possible? Cheesy

Note : In my pc there no Floppy drive  Undecided

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Want to make bootable Ghost disc with one click restore Option?
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:26am

This Topic was moved here from Norton Ghost 15, 14, 12, 10, 9, + Norton Save + Restore (NS+R) by NightOwl.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:55am

@
Newbie here

Questions about *.gho* and *ghost32.exe* technically belong in this forum.

Quote:
hello friends i want to know is it possible to make a bootable CD

Sure--doable, but, it's potentially complicated!

Quote:
Note : In my pc there no Floppy drive

Well, you can check this out--but, it's applicable to regular DOS ghost--i.e. *ghost.exe*, and not *ghost32.exe*:  Creating Bootable CD/DVD's Without A:\Floppy Drive

*ghost32.exe* is a Windows based version of Ghost--it has to run under some flavor of Windows.  I think our member Brian has found a way to use BartPE--a bootable CD that loads a version of Windows PE.  You can put a *command line* in the PE *Startup* folder that loads Ghost32--that command line can have the necessary commands to perform whatever restore you program in that command line--so it can possibly restore whatever you have programmed just by booting from the BartPE CD.  Or, you could boot to the BartPE and then have a shortcut on the PE desktop that would be a *one click restore*--again that shortcut would have the necessary command line to program the *ghost32.exe* to do what you are asking it to do!

You can use *ghost32.exe* on your regular Windows based OS--but, you can not restore the OS partition that is running the *ghost32.exe* program--attempting to do that would over-write the program (ghost32.exe) that's in use--something that's not allowed!

I tried to find the posting where Brian talks about using BartPE and Ghost32, but so far I can't--here's a reference that talks about using BartPE and Ghost:  setup-bart-pe-and-ghost-how-to

The other issues that come up is where you want to store the Ghost image file--if on the bootable optical disc--you have to have an image file that will fit!  Otherwise, the image has to reside somewhere eles--on the system or a networked storage source--that can be complicated as well--but, again doable!

Maybe Brian will see this and be able to recall where that discussion is.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 3:31pm

@
NightOwl

I haven't used BartPE for a long time and I can't find my notes on how to auto-run an app on startup. An easy but not inexpensive way to run a ghost32.exe restore on startup is with this CD...

http://www.ntfs.com/boot-disk.htm

You can add a restore script when building the CD.

Here is a thread that describes how it's possible to run ghost32.exe from a Win7 32-bit DVD. You could adapt this method to manually run a restore script.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290388505/0

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print