Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radified Forums very Sloooooow this morning! (Read 7255 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Radified Forums very Sloooooow this morning!
Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:46am

Rad

Hope this is just a temporary glitch--but access to the forum is very slow--hit or miss on ability to change from one topic to another and posting responses.

Any maintenance going on?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Radified Forums very Sloooooow this morning!
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:48pm

How about now?

Whenever I see slowness I run a trace route to try to see where the problem lies.

Most of the time it's my ISP.

Tho yes, I do recall some slowness recently that was a problem with the server (packet loss at the last hop).

The last 3 hops are all Wiredtree.

The last one is my VPS. The next-to-last is the physical box, and the second to last is there router-like thingie.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 9:09am

@
Rad

Quote:
Most of the time it's my ISP.

I'm afraid I did not think to run a *trace route*--but, I did test to see if other sites were having similar delays--and it was only the Forum's website that was so slow.

The speed is back to normal--was better when I visited in the evening of the same day I originally posted.

I will run the trace route if it happens again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 1:06pm

Yeah, that's the frst thing I check, too .. other sites, such as Google & Google News.

Follow up research .. seems the site is using lots of server resources.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1311012181

Update - just got off the phone with sppt and they said we have some server upgrades coming in the next few days.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 3:08pm

Here's the upgrade announcement:

Quote:
Hello,

You may have read in Grove or through our social networking sites that WiredTree has unveiled new VPS plans and is "Leveling Up" all current VPS clients to match the new plans. If you haven't, here is the announcement again:

We are pleased to announce new VPS plans! We have made major investments over the last year in the hundreds of thousands of dollars upgrading our VPS infrastructure, retrofitting existing servers, and introducing new servers to support these increased allocations. Our goal is ensuring you are getting the best value for your money.

Here is how the plans are changing:

- VPS512 is now being "Leveled Up" to the VPS1000 which comes with 1024MB RAM, 100GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3000GB Transfer.

- VPS768 is now being "Leveled Up" to the VPS1200 which comes with 1280MB RAM, 120GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 3500GB Transfer.

- VPS1500 is now being "Leveled Up" to the VPS1500 which comes with 1536MB RAM, 150GB RAID-10 Disk Space, and 4000GB Transfer.

All of these upgrades are free of charge to existing clients!

Please note that since the plans have changed, if you have used a special or coupon code which has increased your resources, these will not be carried over. However, there will be no changes in price to any of the plans!

We will be performing these upgrades for all existing clients over the next few weeks. The slow rollout is to ensure there are no issues and everything goes smoothly.

You will receive a personalized email when your server has been upgraded letting you know your new resources. There will not be any downtime required to perform the upgrade! The email will be going to the primary contact on the account.

Your VPS is already in the queue to be updated, you don't need to do anything except wait for the email!          

Thank you for your business and for choosing WiredTree!

We have the VPS-512 plan which currently comes with 512-MB memory. It was actually 256 when I first signed up a few years ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print