Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Having trouble installing Norton Ghost 15. (Read 9823 times)
erik
N00b

I Love Radified!

Having trouble installing Norton Ghost 15.
Sep 25th, 2011 at 1:24am

I am a newbie to forums. Please forgive all mistakes. Thanks.

I have a trial version of Norton Ghost 15 on a eMachine computer which won't finish the install properly. I have tried to
install it several times. I've shutdown the firewall (On Line Armour) and the AV program ( Lavasoft Ad Aware Pro). I've
had this problem before with Ghost 14. I contacted the support center about Ghost 14.They said it was the firewall. At
that time, I was using Comodo as a firewall. I didn't persue the matter further. I don't think its a problem with the
firewall. I think its a problem with the motherboard, an eMachine MCP73VT-PM or Western Digital SCSI Drive or the OS, Vista with Service Pack 1. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Erik.   

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Having trouble installing Norton Ghost 15.
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 3:32pm

@
erik

That must be disappointing. These type of issues are difficult to resolve. Can you tell us how far the install proceeds and any error messages?

IP Logged

erik
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:56am

Thanks for responding Brian.

I do indeed get errors. They occur during the install. While the Norton Ghost splash screen is up and running and showing
progress bar, there are a lot of black screens that pop up on the left hand side of the screen. These pop up screens
only last for a fraction of a second and make it difficult to read. There is one pop up that shows up several times that
reads, "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe." Then I get one or two more black up screens. And then I get through 80 to 90%
of the total install, after which the Norton Ghost splash screen displays the following message, "InstallShield Wizard Com
pleted. The wizard was interrupted before Norton ghost could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified.
To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

Note: Norton Ghost also uses Google Desktop as a plug-in. I was able to download Google Desktop but could not get it to
install properly on the first go around.  I forgot what that screen said. But some how or other there was a message to up
date windows which I never did in the past. So I figured there might be a relationship between Norton Ghost not in stall
ing properly and Google Desktop not installing properly. So I ran Windows Update and got a bunch of stuff installed. I then
I then ran Google Desktop installer and that installed properly. I then ran Norton Ghost installer and get the problems that
I already wrote about.The next thought that occured to me was to download Service Pack 2. I am also having problems
with installing the Service Pack 2 and with the Readiness program and with another program which I think is the Updater
program but don't quote me on that. These issues I will have to work on this weekend with another forums.

Note: I have installed several versions of Acronis on this machine and never, never had a problem. Thanks.   

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 2:17pm

@
erik

I can't recall seeing Google Desktop when I installed Ghost. If I did see it I would have disabled its install.

I saw this in the Ghost manual...

Quote:
Windows XP Professional/Home (SP2 or later)

Why don't you try installing SP3? It's the latest.

IP Logged

Carol Jonson
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 2:38am

This problem occurs because you use the trial version. You should use genuine version of Norton Ghost15 then this problem will not be occur in future.

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print