Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 is incompatibile with Epson 4800 printer. (Read 4964 times)
friendly_jacek
Gnarly

Ghost 2003 is incompatibile with Epson 4800 printer.
Oct 22nd, 2011 at 6:02pm

While doing the recent backups, I encountered a problem with Ghost that would not load completely from a floppy disc. It would stop on the Ghost background but without the buttons to get started. This is was the first time I had a failure like this.

When I wondered what was different this time, I realized the printer was on, and it turned out Ghost installed the printer's card reader port as drive C: and somehow it interfered with loading Ghost interface completely.

I turned the printer off and the problem is fixed.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 2003 is incompatibile with Epson 4800 printer.
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 6:32am

@
friendly_jacek

Interesting!

Quote:
it turned out Ghost installed the printer's card reader port as drive C:

I'm betting not so much *Ghost*--I suspect more likely your system mounted that port and Ghost choked when it scanned the various *drives* reported as available by the system's BIOS--and for some reason Ghost did not know how to handle that port.

Just curious--how did you come to the conclusion that that port had been assigned a drive letter C:?

Is that port USB based? 

Did you have a memory card in the printer's card reader?

As opposed to turning off the printer, if there was a memory card in the reader--can you remove the memory card, leave the printer on, and now will Ghost load okay?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

friendly_jacek
Gnarly

Re: Ghost 2003 is incompatibile with Epson 4800 printer.
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:15am

Before the Ghost blue background showed up, there was a comment on the screen to the effect that Epson was assigned as C:

The card slot was empty, but it shows up in the system as a drive without media (just like CD/DVD would). This is weird, as I have also an USB hub/card reader connected by USB and that doesn't show up in ghost or create problems.

And yes, Epson is connected by USB too.

I'm posting this in case someone else has this same problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print