Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Automate batch file for bootable ghost Disk ... (Read 23191 times)
mandy88
N00b

I Love Radified!

Re: Automate batch file for bootable ghost Disk ...
Reply #15 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:13am

yes sir, all your steps till here is completed just waiting for next steps ....

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Automate batch file for bootable ghost Disk ...
Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 12:04am

@
mandy88

I got your PM (Private Message) stating that you had solved your bootable disc with a DOS menu to select automated Ghost 2003 backups and restores for WinXP--congratulations!

Why don't you share your *config.sys* and *autoexec.bat* with the forum so we can see your working solution?  I plan on continuing my posts with my solution to complete this thread--but it would be interesting to compare notes.

To answer your other question in the PM--probably any version of Ghost will work with Win7 if all you plan on doing is *partition* backups and restores of the Win7 OS only.  It's only if you want to do *whole HDD* backups and restores--either to an existing HDD on the system, or to a *new* HDD replacing a dead old HDD--then, probably only Ghost 11.5 or later that has been updated to understand how Win7 uses a SRP (System Reserve Partition) for booting, and the disk ID has to be maintained so the Win7 boot files will continue to allow the newly restored *whole HDD* to recognize the new HDD and correctly boot from it--at least without a *boot repair* using the Win7 bootable installation CD--will be compatible.

Ghost 2003 was last updated in late 2003 or early 2004--and it has no idea about Win7's boot files and the SRP (actually, Ghost 2003 doesn't understand Win Vista either!)  You can change how Win7 is installed and the boot files can be altered to *act like* the old WinXP boot files--and that allows for Ghost 2003 to be used successfully with Win7 when doing *whole HDD* backups and restores--but, you have to actively plan ahead for that and make changes in how Win7 is installed for that to be successful.

But, again, *partition* backups and restores should work fine.

More later!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print