Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
U Look Like U Saw A Ghost - Ex Member (Read 37641 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: U Look Like U Saw A Ghost - Ex Member
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:45am

@
Christer

Followed your sequence exactly and you are now listed on the main forum homepage as an *Ex-Member*--but, of course you are listed above as you should be--a member in *good standing*!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:59am

@
Rad

Rad wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 7:30am:
do you think it is a bug

There's definitely a *bug* in this version of the forum software.

When you follow Christer's sequence of first moving an offending post to the Recycle folder, then banning the user name and email address, and finally *deleting* the spammer--then the last member to have posted in the thread from which the now deleted member was move from becomes listed as an *Ex-Member* on the forum's Homepage.

This *Ex-Member* listing does not show up in the actual last post by that member located in the thread itself--or any posts by that member that is now listed as an *Ex-Member*.

And, I suspect that *Ex-Member* listing does not show if the thread itself is not the last (most recent) post for other threads--i.e. if other threads have occurred since the thread that had the deleted member removed from, then the forum software will list the most recent posted thread/posting and no such *Ex-Member* will be shown, because the most recent thread wasn't the thread from which the spammer was moved from.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:14pm

NightOwl,

Quote:
Followed your sequence exactly and you are now listed on the main forum homepage as an *Ex-Member*--but, of course you are listed above as you should be--a member in *good standing*!

Now, half an hour later, I can't find the spot where I was labeled an "Ex".

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

U Look Like U Saw A Ghost
Dude

I Love Radified!

Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Reply #18 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:46pm

I 1st noticed my "Ex Member" status last Sunday the 12th.

If memory serves, I didn't even participate in that thread!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:59pm

@
Christer

Christer wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:14pm:
Now, half an hour later, I can't find the spot where I was labeled an "Ex". 

Yup!  Your listing was only on the home page of the forum.  And as soon as I posted my reply #15 above--I then became the *last poster* to this thread, and you no longer appeared on the homepage.

So, you only see the *Ex-Member* on the home page if you or others do not post to that thread.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:27am

@

U Look Like U Saw A Ghost wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:46pm:
If memory serves, I didn't even participate in that thread!

Hmmmm....it sure looks like you started the thread and made several replies--not sure what you mean?    http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1319585055/6#6

But, someone put a spam post just after your last post.  When that spam poster was deleted--because you were the last poster in that thread, and there were no other posts made that were newer, and no threads were started that were newer--you were the last poster of record, and your thread was the most recent one--so it gets displayed on the main home page which shows all the forums and the most recent posting.

Under the above special circumstance, that last poster of a spammed thread that has the spammer member deleted--that last poster of that thread gets the *Ex-Member* shown on the homepage until a new post occurs.

IP Logged

Dude

I Love Radified!

Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:34pm

Sorry Nightowl, you are correct, that is my thread.

In addition, looking at the link, my last post was December 12 2011.

on the home page last week, it reported my last post as today, ie, February 12 2012.

Thus mistakenly saying it wasn't me, as I wasn't on the forum at the time stated on the home page.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print