Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Money, Power & Wall Street (Read 8028 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Money, Power & Wall Street
Apr 29th, 2012 at 8:24pm

New featured released/posted by Frontline, titled "Money, Power & Wall Street"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/money-power-wall-street/

Really good.

2 parts now, 2 more wil be posted May 1st.

Wow. Clearest picture yet.

IP Logged

Figment
Radmeister

Always walking against
the wind

Madrid

Re: Money, Power & Wall Street
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 6:11pm

Watched the 2 in a row, couldn't just stop.  It's amazing how simple things can sound once there is the will to show the naked truth.

I'm not sure if any of us really want the same clear view of what's coming. If we ignore it, we'll be overrun (again), each time harder - that's undeniable.  But HOW can we fight this back? Sadness, anger, desperation, frustration....hardly yield back any real solution.

When I hear liberals waving their "self regulating" speech, it's an open invitation for the wolves to keep the sheep. And after the slaughter, the "good" wolf, who has not taken part, sighs innocently and chuckles...."Oh, my.....didn't you realize you should have figured out how to choose the right wolves?"

There are voices here in Spain pleading for a rescue. But just getting the money is not enough, if we don't  adopt the right policies, if we continue making the same mistakes. These voices are claiming for politicians  to step aside (I really have no notion how this may be possible), and leave the steering to true economists, who will surely do the right things......ˇˇun momento!!.....appointed by whom? Who'll watch the watchmen?

International Labour day today, here. Ironically, labour rights are being sacrificed to the Golden calf of investors....

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:37pm

i do not possess enough spanish skills to read the two articles you sent, but you might find this interesting.

http://business.time.com/2012/05/01/why-we-should-worry-about-spains-economic-pa...

IP Logged

Figment
Radmeister

Always walking against
the wind

Madrid

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2012 at 7:50pm

It's all right.  I'll send you an "express" translation.

About the links to the articles (which are fine, and give a good amount of information) , opinions and solutions are poured everywhere: there is even a Harvard professor (Martin Feldstein) who speaks of making house owners pay a tax which would be used to back up Spanish bonds....to make them look trustworthy outside. Of course, unless this tax would be applied  specially aggressively on owners of expensive houses , the better part of the burden would rest, on the shoulders of the less favoured - as usual. Anyway, there's a feeling that,  much like what happened it Greece,  no matter how much money you pour over.....there must be a plan to make a proper use of it. If you don't correct past misbehaviour, you're far worse than before.
No matter how much money we get lent, no matter how much confidence there is outside, there are a lot of issues that must be dealt with. Just a hint : giving back control to central government of 1) Education 2) Health system 3) Justice would shave off 38 to 48 billion € from our bills. But a huge change like this needs the help of all, will local kinglets voluntarily put a stop to their power (proven they have not been capable of administrating it correctly), will they be up to it?

Stay tuned for more....

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #4 - May 6th, 2012 at 10:52pm

IP Logged

Figment
Radmeister

Always walking against
the wind

Madrid

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:31pm

Nope, I'd seen some pics, but not mixed up so beautifully.

Don't know what'll happen ahead; the 12th is Saturday, so many people will rise out again both workers & unemployed; and so will the 15th which is local feast in Madrid - its patron saint, St. Isidro (btw he was a farmer).

So we will see how the police forces will deal with hundreds of thousands, some say that if the movements' momentum keeps growing, some kind of excuse will be found to crush all civil protests.

Still, the press is absorted with our "banking" problems. Most probably, on Friday, the government will have to take over Spain's 4th bank , Bankia (a huge fusion of 2 big regional savings banks that had about 80% of credit buried in house mortgages); and inject about 10.000 million € . However they disguise this amount, everyone can hear the call   Timbeeeer!! Timbeeeer!! They're ripping down the train to keep it going.

I'll try to keep an update on anything worth mentioning during the two weeks. Stay tuned for more - this ain't finish'd yet!

Keep an eye out on this next week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print