Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
.gho corruption??? (Read 4834 times)
Josh Price
N00b

I Love Radified!

.gho corruption???
Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:54am

I am in charge of the helpdesk at my organization and am in the middle of a crisis.  One of my guys backed up the director of accounting's laptop as a step in our process of upgrading a user's machine; however, instead of waiting he reimaged after finishing taking the image.   

After setting up the new machine he opened ghost explorer he tried opening the back up and there was nothing to be found.  It reads as fat 16 and gives you no options.

Any advice?

I have already tried opening explorer with command line code -ignore and -corrupt. 

Thanks for any advice.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: .gho corruption???
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:58am

@
Josh Price

Quote:
however, instead of waiting he reimaged after finishing taking the image.

*waiting for.........?????*  I assume testing the .gho image with Ghost Explorer to confirm you had access to the data.

It's always good imaging practice to do an *Integrity* check after every image creation to confirm that Ghost considers the file *okay*--but, opening an image in Ghost Explorer has the same confirming effect!

On our forum here we have never seen anything other than the switches for opening a corrupt image file with Ghost Explorer that you have already mentioned.

You could possibly contact Symantec to see if there's any way to have them look at your image file to see if they have any *magic* for recovering data from a *corrupt* image file--but, truth be told--I've seen little evidence that they can.  They have looked at a number of individual situations, and may have been able to help--but, it's not something that is generally publicized.

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum

If you can get his attention, Nigel Bree has been the most helpful in the past.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print