Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trying to creat Custom Recovery Disk ... looking for 32 bit drivers (Read 9986 times)
Tori-the-lab
Dude

I Love Radified!

Trying to creat Custom Recovery Disk ... looking for 32 bit drivers
May 18th, 2013 at 9:57am

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I ran the driver validation test and 3 devices do not have drivers on the Symantec Recovery Disk:
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wrireled-N 2230
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

I then tried to create a custom recovery CD ... and I received the following message ..
The Symantec Recovery Disk can only use 32 bit drivers.  Add 32 bit drivers for each unusable 64 bit driver listed.
And it listed the same 3 devices.

I looked at the directions for adding the 32 bit drivers and honestly it is beyond my limited technical ability.

In all the years of using Ghost 14.0 I never needed my Custom Recovery CD.

I ONLY recover using a local attached external HD.

Do I really need this custom recovery CD?

IP Logged

Lenora
N00b

I Love Radified!

Re: Trying to creat Custom Recovery Disk ... looking for 32 bit drivers
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2013 at 2:45pm

hi,  Yes to use SRD you need the Recovery Disk. This is necessary because to recover the system you need to boot into the disk. 
See if using the steps out lined in the following link helps find the 32 bit drivers.  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH197751

Thanks,
Lenora Moss
Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2013 at 9:25pm

hi Lenora.

to the originator .. are you wayne who sent me an email?

Quote:
My customers are sometimes literally in the middle of nowhere and CANNOT have their systems inoperational. With that, these folks aren't IT guys, so I'm trying to provide a restoral option through pristine state/captured images. I have just started playing with cloning/image capturing and I am looking at clonezilla.  I am a little confused by what clonzilla calls a recovery cd. In reading your tutorial you wrote "I used Clonezilla v1.2.1-53 and burned my (freely downloaded) *.ISO file withNero. Both the ISO and bootable CD = 95 MB. I really like imaging from a bootable CD .

Can you clarify the recovery disk? Their live suport docs have me scratching my head a bit. What Is the recover disk? Is it with the clonzilla live installed as well as the image on a usb/cd...so its an all in one package? Or if you use clonezilla with the image to create an .iso  and burn it to disk...does this make a bootable, re-loadable image disk to restore to...by itself without clonzilla? Either way is a viable solution. The only thing that concerns me is of course the size...so I guess compression of the image would be the next thing to research.

Thanks in advance for your support. Great site you have.

-wayne

have you seen NightOwl's guide. Many like it. It's very popular.

http://nightowl.radified.com/bootcd/bootcdintro.html

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2013 at 9:10am

@
Rad

Quote:
have you seen NightOwl's guide. Many like it. It's very popular.

Thanks for the *plug*--but, unfortunately my boot disc is DOS based and only good for DOS based imaging software.

The original poster appears to be talking about Ghost 14 and 15--which are Windows based, or must run from a Recovery Disk using a form of Win PE.

Clonezilla is Linux based, and again my boot disc would not be of use in this case!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2013 at 3:15pm

Thanks, bro.

I'll let him know.

His last email said:

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!! I really appreciate it.

I can't remember if I posted on the forum or not. Hadn't had any luck the past prior days on any forums...as far as responses...so I think I may have just found your email..or your site.

Yesterday, I actually got it all working yesterday. Actually got to mess around w/ the advanced parameters to get the best bang for the buck on the compression settings. The program is good, and the live recovery CD is awesome. I initially was unsure what they meant by the live recovery CD. The only issue I have now is the fact the .iso is larger than one dual layer dvd...and it is my understanding that clonezilla only supports one disc.

Anyhow thanks again for the support!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print