Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error once image is finished being restored. (Read 6209 times)
Img4Realzx9
N00b

I Love Radified!

Error once image is finished being restored.
May 26th, 2013 at 7:22pm

I am using Norton Ghost 2003.  The image seems to work fine but I get an error from Norton after the image is restored.  Both logs will be pasted in this forum that were created.  Also, I get one error in the event viewer but only once when booting up.  I am currently running windows XP service pack 3.  The ghost image is on secondary IDE drive that is formatted as FAT32.  The main primary drive is formatted as NTFS.  The error message is in the System section of Event viewer and here is what it says:  The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SafDskNT

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ; (Event ID: 7026)Microsoft Help Details  Explains this message in more detail:   
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7026
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
Do all of the following:

Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1 

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
Do all of the following:

Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

Also, I do get a DHCP error in system after loading the Browser but I think it is not causing any trouble because the Browser is now working.  I just had to reboot the computer and relogin and the Browser worked fine. 
Here is the error in Event viewer:  The IP address lease 1for the Network Card with network address has been denied by the DHCP server (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ; (Event ID 1002)

I will post both Symantec Viewer Error logs as File Attachments for more information on the errors. 

Any help with the issue is much appreciated.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Error once image is finished being restored.
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2013 at 1:26am

just saying hey. help will be by. i think they are asleep right now.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Error once image is finished being restored.
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2013 at 1:02pm

@
Img4Realzx9

Img4Realzx9 wrote on May 26th, 2013 at 7:22pm:
The image seems to work fine but I get an error from Norton after the image is restored.

So, if I understand correctly, the restored image is working fine, but you are getting a Ghost error log that occurred during the restore process that is reported when you first boot back to Windows. 

Also, I get one error in the event viewer but only once when booting up.

And you have discovered two log entries found in the Windows *Event Viewer* that is found either under *Start-Programs-Administrative Tools-Event Viewer*, and then clicking on *System*, or by right clicking *My Computer-Manage* and when the *Computer Management* console comes up, then choosing *System Tools-Event Viewer-System*--these occur one time, and after logging out, re-booting, and logging back in--the errors do not re-occur--correct?

So, you posted the Ghost error log--this is the only error reported that I can see:

Quote:
-- GHOST\GHOSTERR.TXT ---------------------------------------------------------

Date   : Sat May  4 20:42:05 2013
Error Number: (667)
Version: 2003.775 (Aug 14 2002, Build=775)
Command line arguments: -igb -pwd -imgdescfile=\ghost\imgdescp.txt -wizard -clone,mode=create,src=@GF28563c76-e454-447e-944d-58a496235f61,dst=@FIND[ID:1022019]\3RDIMG~1.GHO -ghwrap
Active Switches :
       AutoName
       Encrypt all created images with a password, "-pwd".

When creating a Ghost image, there is an opportunity to include, in the image file, a description of the image--basically a text message.  According to the error *Message*, that description must be less than 255 characters.  Did you use the *Description* function when you created the image?  Did you use more than 255 characters?

Regardless, that error would not be a *critical* error--it's just an internal *housekeeping* error that would have no effect on the validity of the restored image. 

However, Ghost 2003 is notorious for reporting an inappropriate error when an error has occurred--the program is not very good at detective work and analyzing the real nature of the problem--so it reports an incorrect error in response to having detected that *something* went wrong.  But, if everything else is working okay, then it would appear that the error was not *critical*.

The error message is in the System section of Event viewer and here is what it says:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:  SafDskNT

Here's a couple references:

http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/77803/

http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/safdsknt-sys

Do you have this file on your system?  (My system does not have this file.)  Does the file *Properties* match the file version mentioned in the above references?  Do you know what program it is associated with--i.e. what program did you install that installed this driver?

Does *PC Dynamics, Inc.* or *SafeHouse Encryption Driver* ring any bells?

Also, I do get a DHCP error in system after loading the Browser......

Here is the error in Event viewer: 

The IP address lease 1for the Network Card with network address has been denied by the DHCP server (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)......(Event ID 1002)

I really don't know anything about that error, but *I just had to reboot the computer and relogin and the Browser worked fine.*--so, I guess it's not an ongoing problem.

The above two Event Log entries may have something to do with the fact that when Ghost 2003 restores an image, the HDD ID is zeroed, and WinXP has to re-establish the HDD ID.  Any function that might depend on that ID might have to be re-set as well, and maybe that's what the need for a second re-boot is all about.  But, I don't know that for sure.

As long as there are no ongoing errors occurring in the Event Viewer, you probably don't have to worry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print