Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost shut down pc instead of rebooting when done (Read 6368 times)
bruce_b
Dude

I Love Radified!

Apex, North Carolina

Ghost shut down pc instead of rebooting when done
Sep 21st, 2015 at 9:12am

Using Ghost from Norton System Works 2003 .. it works fine (XP SP3) but last time I used it, it decided to shut down the computer when it was done. It normally will reboot the computer in a normal way.

I am wondering if I inadvertently changed an option or a check box when I ran it last.

Thanks for help.

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Re: Ghost shut down pc instead of rebooting when done
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 3:28am

I too run Ghost 2003, from a floppy.

Everytime I restore an image, I get the option to reset the computer or to continue. I never let it reset but I always continue, only to exit Ghost and shut down the computer to remove the harddisk containing the images. Next, I restart the computer.

I don't know why your MO (modus operandi) has changed, unless you have added a switch to "automatically reset when done". That switch would be -rb. To "automatically exit DOS but no restart" is -fx.

However, your problem is that it shuts down the computer and there is no such switch. Using my MO, I have to use the (physical) switch on the case to shut down.

Have you visited the BIOS settings? I believe there might be options to set the "reset/restart/shutdown" options.

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

OldCasper
Technoluster

I Love Ghost!

Florida, USA

Re: Ghost shut down pc instead of rebooting when done
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 8:45am

bruce_b wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 9:12am:
Using Ghost from Norton System Works 2003 .. it works fine (XP SP3) but last time I used it, it decided to shut down the computer when it was done. It normally will reboot the computer in a normal way.
I am wondering if I inadvertently changed an option or a check box when I ran it last.
Thanks for help. 

I guess that I'm not understanding the problem.
Probably because, I don't let Ghost restart the PC.

When Ghost is done with its work, I remove the media containing the Ghost program, whether that be a Flash drive or CD, and then I give the PC the old three finger salute!
That's Ctrl+Alt+Del, which makes the PC RE-Boot.

That seems to be the quickest way to go from a DOS based program, back to Windows.
Try it!  I think you'll like it.  Wink

Cheers Mate!
Cool

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print