Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Summer and Winter Solstise (Read 5204 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Summer and Winter Solstise
Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:34pm

Hey all

Happy Solstice!  Summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere.

And, to top that off--it's a full moon as well.

This is a once in a life time event!  The last time the solstice and a full moon shared the same day was in 1948.  And the next time will be June 21, 2062.  (Okay, I guess if you were born recently, you can probably share this event twice in one's lifetime!)

You can find some more information here:  http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/summer_solstice_2016_10_things.html

I would recommend dancing naked in a field as the moon rises celebrating the event tonight!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Re: Summer and Winter Solstise
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:43am

Quote:
I would recommend dancing naked in a field as the moon rises celebrating the event tonight!!!!!

Yeah ... Undecided ... right ... Wink ... thanks the same but without any recommendations!

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Summer and Winter Solstise
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:13am

@
Christer

Quote:
but without any recommendations!

Well.....I did go dancing with ladies in a field yesterday evening....and naked ladies at that  Cheesy !!!!

Hmmm....about 5000 naked ladies.  And it was fun  Smiley !

However, I was not so naked.......I was wearing a white suit!!!!  The ladies can sometimes be a little testy--and will sting if need be  Sad .

You see, I've taken up beekeeping, and I was wearing a beekeeper's suit.

I was dancing with the bees, in a field, on the solstice, under a full moon!  (I know, I know....not nearly as interesting as it first sounded!)

But, you can't beat that  Wink !

Most of the bees in a bee colony are worker bees, and all worker bees are female.  I was changing their sugar water feeding jars that a new bee colony needs for the first couple months.  I have found that the bees tend to be less combative, and more docile in the later evening hours.

No one attacked, and they were happy to have more sugar to eat!  All went well, and everyone was happy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print