Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acronis True Image WD Edition (Read 3757 times)
Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Acronis True Image WD Edition
Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:10pm

I began tying Acronis True Image WD Edition recently and have found it very easy to use, fast and reliable thus far.  The only disadvantage I've found is that it requires at least 1 Western Digital drive connected to the system.  Note The Western drive can be either internal or external.  I have a Western Digital My Book usb external drive I use to backup a laptop and 1 of my desktops that has no internal Western Digital drive.

I measured speed of creating and restoring backup image of the same Win10 partition containing 30.7GB of data with EaseUS Todo Backup Free, Macrium Reflect Free and Acronis True Image WD Edition.  EaseUS Todo Backup Free image creation took 38 minutes, amd image restore took 20 minutes.  Macrium Reflect Free took 12 minutes to create image, and image restore took 7.5 minutes.  Acronis True Image WD Edition took 8 minutes to create image, and image restore took 7 minutes.  I've only tested 2 restored images so far with perfect results.  I'll be doing more tests in the near future.

Acronis True Image WD Edition has similar look and feel of Seagate Discwizard v11 that I was a happy user of for several years until it became much too slow.  I like Acronis True Image WD Edition very much and have high expectations of continued good results. 

There is 1 question I have about using Acronis True Image WD Edition with external usb drives.  The My Book external usb drive I have shows up as drive E when booted to the bootable CD which means any partition on the internal drive with drive letter E and beyond will show up as 1 drive letter past where it actually is when booting the computer without the usb drive attached.  If an operating system is installed on drive E, it will show up as drive F when booted to the recovery media.  If an image of that partition is created and later restored, will the restored image boot properly, or will this create an incorrect drive letter issue.?

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Re: Acronis True Image WD Edition
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 8:33pm

Test was done to create and restore image by booting to the Acronis True Image WD Edition CD with the Western Digital My Book usb drive connected which is shown as drive E.  The Win10 partition was shown as 1 drive letter  later than where Win10 was originally installed.  The backup image was created and then restored with no problem.  The restored partition booted normally, and all drive letters were assigned the original drive letters that Windows created when the drive was initially partitioned.

The different drive letters appearing when booted to the Acronis True Image WD Edition boot media when an external usb drive is connected makes no difference, and this is another positive attribute of the program.  The more I use the program the more I like and trust its reliability.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print