Send Topic Print
may i? (Read 5662 times)
techwannabe
N00b

Yes, I'm Stuck Again!

Brookings-Harbor, Oregon

may i?
Aug 22nd, 2001 at 2:17pm

would it offend this board if i asked stupid ms windows questions? i.e., os troubleshtg, various softw apps issues, other hdwr issues, etc, etc? I'm trying to startup a shoestring pc consulting biz and some of my clients are having issues i need to research before i can resolve. i'm an upstart with grand plans and a passion for learning more about all this stuff and i'm also fairly new to message boards, so 'that's my story and i'm stickin to it'.......anybody have opinions, comments or concerns 'cause i really like this rad site!!  Roll Eyes

bornonjan16  
IP Logged

techwannabe
N00b

Yes, I'm Stuck Again!

Brookings-Harbor, Oregon

Re: may i?
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2001 at 2:19pm

oh btw, thx in advance........ Shocked

bornonjan16  
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2001 at 3:58pm

you're more than welcome to post whatever messages you like. the only problem is that i set up these forums as more of a learning exercise than out of necessity.

traffic is the the main thing you want out of a forum. more traffic = more eyes reading your question = a bigger chance of finding someone that has (already) seen your problem. these forums have anemic traffic.

there are hundreds of other forums around the net with robust traffic where you're much more likely to find answers to your questions.

good luck.

IP Logged

ketamine
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Rad: traffic is the the main thing you want...
Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2002 at 6:39am

Rad, i do believe that it was ur guides that generated net traffic to ur site rather than ur forum or anything else for that matter.

Which made me wonder how long ago and how much time did u spend doing all ur guides, and if you'll tackle other tech stuffs such as Blue Tooth, overclocking, DVD stuff, etc.  I get the feeling there's none upcoming but just edits and updates on whatever is on the right side of ur site.

And last, i just wanna know if ur open to guides (or plain tips and how to's) from others that are "more up-to-date than others," and have spent some time testing and mastering the newer softwares and hardwares around?

Im surely not referring to myself here, okay... just to avoid any misconceptions.  hehehe. =)

Destiny Cable and ISP sucks

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2002 at 12:32pm

The guides are the results of topics I've spent time learning about. In other words, I don't write guides just to write guides. Most of the guides began as emails to friends with the same questions/problems I once had. Once I had a few emails onm the subject, it was easy to copy-n-paste them into guides.

Certainly there will be other guides as we learn more. And I always welcome contributions from those who know more than me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print