Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Symantec Norton Ghost 10 (Read 195803 times)
jimmyeao

Re: Symantec Norton Ghost 10
Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 2:21am

Don't know if this is the  right place to ask for help, but Im having a nightmare trying to get multicasting working with the Allied Telesyn 2701fx fibre NIC - managing clients from the Ghost console.
Tried the generic packet driver, as well as the ones from AT, and nothing seems to work.
Any help is greatly appreciated, been searching the web for a couple of days now and turned up nothing Embarrassed

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 10:17am

jimmyeao

This appears to be a question regarding the Corporate Ghost product--? Ghost 8.xx?

You would probably be better off starting a new thread specific to your problem so folks see it--this thread is regarding the *retail* Ghost 10 product for the masses, and will have little notice by folks using Ghost that manages *clients from the Ghost console*.

If it is Ghost 8.xx that you are using, the tread topic might be:

*Help--Allied Telesyn 2701fx fibre NIC driver for multicasting with Ghost 8 console*

But, there are not a lot of *Corporate* users with networking experience that frequent here--so may not get a lot of hits--but worth a try!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

xpguy
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 9:52am

Well after reading alot of the posts on this forums I come to the conclusion that Ghost 2003 is the software I will continue to use. I need a piece of software this is reliable and stable for both backing up and  restoring my backups with less hassle. I have been using ghost way before Symantec got their grubby little fingers in it and bought the program from a company called "Basic Reaseach" a Finland software company. I have used Ghost 9.0 and 10.0 and IMHO Ghost 2003 is more reliable and stable and hassle free then the newer versions.

So you may disagree with me ... thats kool all I know is what works for me. If it aint broke..... dont fix it.

The real question is what is reliable for you? If you think having a GUI type Ghost program than use it. If you feel that a DOS version of Ghost is more reliable then use it.

So this debate will continue but again IMHO use the DOS version is the way to go.

Good Luck in your debate hehehehehe..... you will need it lol

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print