Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bart PE, ghost 8, dell laptops (Read 8851 times)
br549
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Bart PE, ghost 8, dell laptops
Oct 30th, 2005 at 11:55pm

Wonderful combo don't you think? 

I made a Bart PE and Ghost 8 cd and it works great on my desk tops.  I can write an image to any mapped drive and can see all my shares.

The laptops are a different story.  I can see all of my workgroup computers but only one or two shared drives or folders and they are on machines that don't have enough drive space to image to....I will try and solve those problems later.

My question for the group is this.....has anyone deleted the image that dell has their image stored on? I was thinking that if I could figure out how to delete it I would just write my image to that part of the drive if  it fits. I would rather have my image as theirs with all of the settings intact and DELL stuff deleted off of it.

I read the Rad guide to laptop but I don't have any way to re-partition my machines as he suggested.

Just when I thought I had this problem figured out  Sad  I need to get the image done so we can start loading software on these laptops.

Thanks
JW

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Bart PE, ghost 8, dell laptops
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 1:55am

Quote:
has anyone deleted the image that dell has their image stored on?

br549,

I assume you mean "has anyone deleted the partition that dell has their image stored on?"

I did, with Partition Magic. You could delete it from Windows Disk Management too. Are you using Ghost 8 or 9?

Dan's article is interesting.

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm

IP Logged

br549
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 11:16pm

Brian

I actually meant has anyone deleted the files not the partition. I thought that if I could delete that image I could replace it with one that I made now that I have deleted the "extra" software that dell provides.  I think my image would fit in the place of the existing one.

Just a thought on my part.....

I am using ghost 8.......I have never been able to make an image with 9 that would load again. I just get strange error messages.  I use 2003 a lot but needed to write the laptop images over the network so hence the use of Bart and ghost 8.

jw

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 11:35pm

br549,

The easiest way is to delete the partition and then create another partition and format. Write your image to this empty partition. It may not be large enough however. I thought the Dell image filled the partition.

The Dell partition was strange (to me). Even if you could delete the contained image, I doubt you could access the partition from Ghost. I created a NTFS partition.

Ghost 8 and BartPE are a good combination.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print