Send Topic Print
Ghost 10.0 batch file (Read 7267 times)
jf38081
Dude

Here we go again...

Ghost 10.0 batch file
Feb 19th, 2006 at 8:27pm

Hi
Has anyone experience writing batch files for ghost 10.0 yet?  I would like to clone c: to the f: daily on a schedule.  Ghost 10.0 doesn't seem to allow scheduling of  a disk copy.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm thinking it needs to be a batch file.

Basically I'd like to be able to plug in the f: and boot into windows xp if there is ever a problem with the c:

So I need a complete image. 

I did see the tutorial here: http://ghost.radified.com/automated_batch.htm but I'm not sure if this will do what I want, or if it evn applies to Ghost 10.0

Thanks for your input everybody!
J

IP Logged

jf38081
Dude

Here we go again...

Re: Ghost 10.0 batch file
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 11:38am

So far the best I've been able to come up with is using autohotkey (www.autohotkey.com) to create an executable that starts ghost, clicks the appropriate options, and starts the disk copy. 

I can schedule this with the xp task scheduler, but I'm looking for a more elegant solution. 

Also, if the computer is asleep, and the hd turns off, the task scheduler doesn't execute.

Thanks,
J

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 9:12pm

Autohotkey is the bomb.  It saved me from getting RSI injuries at work.

I know Ghost 2004 had a scheduler built in, but I could never trust it.  Isn't there an option in Task Scheduler where you can choose to "Wake this computer to perform this task"?

IP Logged

jf38081
Dude

Here we go again...

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 4:51pm

There is such an option.   I think that will help.  Also keeping the machine from going to standby will help.  (They can be such a pain to wake up.)

My biggest concern about using autohotkey is trust.  Currently it seems to work (ask me again next week) but what if the drives came up in a different order in ghost?  Then couldn't ghost clone the wrong data over the boot drive?  Maybe I'm going too far out on a limb here..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print