Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
11.5 giving bad blocks error when creating an image. (Read 9034 times)
Chris D
Ex Member

11.5 giving bad blocks error when creating an image.
Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:28pm

I have 3 computers, 2 different system types. 2 are Lenovo and 1 is a Dell.

On all 3 when trying to push an updated image back to the server, the Ghostcast gets to 99% and the computers show Bad Block(s) encountered on read.

I've tried multiple times and it keeps getting the same error. All 3 machines work fine and have no HDD issues. I've tried no compression and fast compression, both to no avail. I've never had an issue when creating images with these machines in the past.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: 11.5 giving bad blocks error when creating an image.
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:27pm

This Topic was moved here from Norton Ghost 15, 14, 12, 10, 9, + Norton Save + Restore (NS+R) by NightOwl.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: 11.5 giving bad blocks error when creating an image.
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:39pm

@
Chris D

Welcome to Radified!  Your question belongs here.

Sorry, but using Ghostcast is not my area of expertise, but....

Quote:
On all 3 when trying to push an updated image back to the server, the Ghostcast gets to 99% and the computers show Bad Block(s) encountered on read.

I think it is highly unlikely that the error message you are getting is the *actual* problem.  Ghost is notorious for showing an inappropriate error message--yes, an error, but the reported error is often off the mark!

I'm betting it has to be something that is common to all three systems for this error to all of a sudden be present on all three machines--the common to all three is the network, and Ghostcast--I would start trouble shooting those to see if you can find something amiss there.

If all else fails, you might post a question to the Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum .

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print