Film 4 Posted Online
tribute to Van, titled Vandancing, is posted on the web & ready for download
and your viewing pleasure. The Real_video file weighs in at 15MB.
See here. Better have a hanky handy.
long -> 9 minutes + 14 seconds. Long enough that we had to encode the audio +
video from separate files, which may be why the lip-sync is off a bit. No such
probs with the original, though. It had perfect lip-sync
fact, it's so long, that we couldn't even encode the entire thing. Windows only
lets you work with files up to 2 gigabytes - which translates into 9 minutes + 14
seconds of footage. Only last few seconds are cut out, which is during the
credit roll. At the end, you can see only the tops of George + Alex's name.
encoded RealVideo got dark in some of the night shots, like the interview with
Alex on the street in Hollywood. So we turn up the brightness on our monitor.
This seems to help.
was the first to see the movie. She stopped over Saturday afternoon and watched
all four 507 films.
also designing an official soundtrack to go with the video. We included
all songs that were used in movie and put these at the beginning of the CD. Then
got creative by adding others to fill up the remaining space on the CD. Many
great songs we could include, but only so much room.
Even designed a nice label to go with the CD.
(tentative) official soundtrack:
Love Is - John Lennon [Dave Reeder played this song on the boat after Van's
scattering of ashes at sea]
2. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie [He took it all too far. But boy, could he play guitar]
3. Ground Control to Major Tom - Bowie [You're circuit's dead. There's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?]
4. Offertorium - Mozart [from Requiem, which Mozart wrote fro a funeral]
5. Introitus - Mozart [More Requiem]
6. Manta De Carnival - Trio Da Paz
7. Temptation - New World Order [Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground]
(above songs from the movie)
8. 13th Floor - OutKast [Just the poem, not the song, Van wrote lots of poetry]
9. I am the Walrus - The Beatles [Koo-koo-ka-choo, Van appreciated absurdity]
10. Trouble Man - Marvin Gaye [Only 3 things for certain: taxes, death & trouble]
11. The Needle & the Damage Done - Neil Young [A little part of it in everyone]
12. Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Randy Crawford Originally written by Bob Dylan. It's getting dark, too dark to see]
13. This is the End - The Doors [remember the scene near the beginning of Apocalyspe Now?]
14. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin [There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving]
15. Ooh Child - Bebe & Cece Winans [Things are gonna get easier]
16. Redemption Songs - Bob Marley [Won't u help me sing, these songs of freedom?]
Next -> Shoot Film 5
[507 Semester Index Page, USC Film School Chronicles]
[Master Index Page, USC Film School Chronicles, Graduate Production]