Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mel Gibson & "The Passion of the Christ" (Read 4952 times)
El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Mel Gibson & "The Passion of the Christ"
Jan 21st, 2004 at 1:30pm

CLICK HERE to view a forum thread with commentary about this very controversial movie.  Some very powerful and influential "somebodies" wanted to strangle it in its crib - now, they are reduced to simply trying to suppress it.

El Pescador

IP Logged

-Lucas-

Re: Mel Gibson & "The Passion of the Chri
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2004 at 1:39am

Y'all go see this movie.

-Lucas-

IP Logged

-Lucas-

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2004 at 11:57pm

I saw this film today. I highly recommend it. You'll be moved. Go, and see what your God did for you.

-Lucas-

IP Logged

Where's the Passion?

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 3:12pm

I'm sorry to say that I rented this movie and, quite honestly, can't figure out what the big deal was. So I guess I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a subtitled movie that simply shows a man getting beaten to death for over an hour. Yawn.

Quote:
I saw this film today. I highly recommend it. You'll be moved. Go, and see what your God did for you.

Right... While some of the scenes of torture were pretty graphic, I didn't find that the movie as a whole was very moving at all. A movie with shock-value? Yes. A movie that moves you and uplifts the spirit (no pun, if any, intended)? Hardly.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 4:58pm

Where's the Passion? -

I have yet to see the movie, either in a theatre or on DVD - and I doubt that I will ever watch it. However, I have been warned that for a viewer who was not intimately familiar with the storyline as revealed in the scriptures, it would be nothing less than a horror flick.

My fascination was never with the movie or Mel Gibson, but with the animosity displayed towards its creation long before release to the general public.

El Pescador

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print