Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help with GHost MISSING GHO file (Read 4342 times)
JR McGee

need help with GHost MISSING GHO file
Jan 4th, 2005 at 12:49pm

I been reading around in here looks u guys are the bomb when it comes to ghost so here goes

I had a hard drive crash and backed up the hdd just before with ghost 2003...somehow in my stupid ways I deleted the GHO file that goes with it ....I have all the GHS files and I have googled the hell out of trying to find a way to open those files and get the data out of em? They are pictures of my son and videos of him as well and I really need them I called SYMANTEC TS and the guy who didnt speak english very well said no way to do it...I cant belive that I have over 60GB in GHS files there has to be a way to get the data from them....thanks for the help!!!!

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Re: need help with GHost MISSING GHO file
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2005 at 2:47pm

JR McGee

Where did you do the Ghost backup image to?  Another HDD that's still functioning?

If 'yes'--STOP USING IT!  When you 'delete' a file, it's still there, but it's name is changed and it no longer is protected from overwriting by other files if the space is needed. 

But if you have not overwritten it yet, you can possibly recover it.  You need to 'Google' 'how to recover deleted files', and figure out if the file is still there and recoverable.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

JR McGee

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2005 at 2:55pm

I have tried to find the GHO using 5 diff recovery software but to no avail..its gone...

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2005 at 3:45pm

JR McGee

Then, I assume you must have used that HDD a lot after you deleted that 'gho' file before you tried the 'recovery' programs.

Also, you want to be sure you're using those recovery programs correctly.  Before doing anything else, you may want to contact an expert to be sure that file is really gone.

If you 'really' want to try and recover the data, you should still STOP USING  that HDD.  You can contact 'data recovery' services that can even recover overwritten HDD files.  But you want to protect what's there--and I suspect the data recovery service cant guarantee anything except they'll try.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Ben Spray

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2005 at 7:10am

Hi - Did you ever find a way of opening the image file without the missing GHO file??
I have the same issue except with mine I used the same disk to do another backup not realising that it spans the images to these GHJO files so my 001.gho got overwritten with a new file....
any way to open the remaining 29 spanned files from my previos backup without this (second) gho file???

Cheers

Ben

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print